Question Laptop charger plugged in but battery showing zero percentage ?

funnyguys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
iam using lenovo ideapad 330 laptop. now my battery percentage shows zero percentage (the battery info is below).
Should i replace the battery and, if so, where should I buy from for good quality?

Description Value
Battery Name L17M3PB1
Manufacture Name SMP
Serial Number 2459
Manufacture Date
Power State Charging, AC Power
Current Capacity (in %) 0.0%
Current Capacity Value
Full Charged Capacity 1,390 mWh
Designed Capacity 45,000 mWh
Battery Health 3.1%
Voltage 12,581 millivolts
Charge/Discharge Rate 3,208 milliwatts
Chemistry LiP
Low Battery Capacity (1) 55 mWh
Low Battery Capacity (2) 139 mWh
Critical Bias
Number of charge/discharge cycles 0
Battery Temperature
Remaining battery time for the current activity (Estimated)
Full battery time for the current activity (Estimated)
Remaining time for charging the battery (Estimated)
Total time for charging the battery (Estimated)

Lutfij

Titan
Using your laptop's serial number, key that into Lenovo's support page;
and you should see a bespoke page meant for your laptop with drivers and support info. Install CPU-Z and then check to see what your BIOS version is listed as under Mainboard's tab. Corroborate that info with the support page to see if you have any BIOS updates pending.

As for your laptop, how old is the unit?

funnyguys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
it seems battery is gone. where should i get battery online. i tried with lenovo service center battery cost is too high. they said around 8500 rs. any online site brands to purchase?

it seems battery is gone. where should i get battery online. i tried with lenovo service center battery cost is too high. they said around 8500 rs. any online site brands to purchase?
My personal experience of 3rd party laptop batteries is they are a waste of money. At best they lasted about 9 months before dying and some were dead on arrival, bought from different places. My rule now is only buy genuine OEM batteries for laptops.

Reactions: Nighthawk117

funnyguys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
where should i purchase genuine oem batteries, i tried in amazon,flipkart and other websites, iam not sure whehter it is original or not

My personal experience of 3rd party laptop batteries is they are a waste of money. At best they lasted about 9 months before dying and some were dead on arrival, bought from different places. My rule now is only buy genuine OEM batteries for laptops.
Completely agree with this, has been my experience as well. In the end they are much more expensive than OEM batteries because you have to buy so many of them. I'd consider buying a battery from iFixit but that's it.