[SOLVED] Laptop charger toggles between plugged in and not plugged in

Kyloz

Prominent
Apr 11, 2020
Hi

I'm currently dealing with a problem related to my laptop charging. My laptop keeps switching from "charging" and "not plugged in" despite the charger cord being plugged in. I have a feeling it has to do with a windows issue because the power was out at my place for a bit recently and I had been using it without a charger.

For troubleshooting I do not have access to a backup charger currently, and am hoping to find a fix before buying a new charger.

-I have switched outlets

-Disabled/Reenabled and updated my charger drivers.

-Troubleshooted the "Power" section in windows settings

-Restarted laptop and left unplugged for a while.

The laptop I'm using is the Acer Predator Helios 300.

Thanks for any help and if you need more infomation please let me know.

Solution
i've run into issues like this with a tablet before. one solution i had found was to let the device completely discharge, then completely recharge one time. after that it was back to normal.

maybe also try removing the battery and making sure it is firmly re-seated in place.

Kyloz

Prominent
Apr 11, 2020
by "charger" you just mean power cable?
the charger is usually integrated into the battery. do you have some odd docking station that you have to use to charge the battery?
Yes I mean the power cable, sorry.
Also to add onto it, It seems to be some sort of issue that only occurs when the laptop is fully charged.

i've run into issues like this with a tablet before. one solution i had found was to let the device completely discharge, then completely recharge one time. after that it was back to normal.

maybe also try removing the battery and making sure it is firmly re-seated in place.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS