[SOLVED] Laptop charging issue

Feb 7, 2021
My games running on asus gaming tuf a15 ryzen 9 1660ti crash while my laptop is charging(on turbo mode). Also, they work perfectly fine when the laptop is not charging(performance mode). What should i do to make them work fine while charging the laptop?

Solution
Gaming laptops with discrete graphics have heat issues under load.
The coolers are small and not very efficient.
Likely you are thermal throttling.
First, check that your cooling airways are clear and that the cooler fan is running.

Try going into windows power management and setting the max cpu % to something less than the 100% default. Running at 90% may not impact your games at all and is certainly better than not running at all.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see which BISO version your laptop's motherboard is currently on? Use their support site and the drop down menu corresponding your SKU and see what the latest BIOS version is on their site. If you have a number of BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest.

Which version of Windows 10 are you currently on?

Reactions: jaikanodia
Gaming laptops with discrete graphics have heat issues under load.
The coolers are small and not very efficient.
Likely you are thermal throttling.
First, check that your cooling airways are clear and that the cooler fan is running.

Try going into windows power management and setting the max cpu % to something less than the 100% default. Running at 90% may not impact your games at all and is certainly better than not running at all.

Solution