[SOLVED] Laptop charging port fix check

leolionhunt

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
Long story short, I think the fixture which holds the charging port in place is broken because everytime I would attempt to plugin the charger, the port would rescind back into the laptop. This would cause an incomplete connection to the power outlet. My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 btw.

So what I did was I opened the laptop, and placed two pieces of paper to hold the charging port in place. This works well as intended. The picture should show what I mean.

I just have a question that is this safe for the laptop? I know this is a makeshift workaround, and definitely temporary, but is it putting the laptop at direct risk?

Solution
I just have a question that is this safe for the laptop? I know this is a makeshift workaround, and definitely temporary, but is it putting the laptop at direct risk?

You're probably ok but ... I think i would have used electrical tape. It would stick to itself when you fold it on to itself to get the right thichness. Plus ... to all intents and purposes ... it's incompustable.

You're probably ok but ... I think i would have used electrical tape. It would stick to itself when you fold it on to itself to get the right thichness. Plus ... to all intents and purposes ... it's incompustable.

Solution