Question Laptop Choice Help

Jun 2, 2019
I am looking for a laptop for university and could need some help with the choice.
My current favorite would be the zenbook pro 15 (1080p/touch I7-8750h conifg) but i am concerned about the weight (1,88kg) and pretty bad battery life in reviews (which all used a I9 /4k config)
If you have a lower spec zenbook pro, how is the battery life on that?
and do you actually use the screenpad or is it just a battery draining gimmick?

i really focused on Asus during my search because i love their design, but if you have other recommendations please tell me

thanks for any help

why not a MacBook? Helps at uni not needing a mouse and the battery life will easily last a day. My air lasts fine and I have the brightness cranked, been using it all day from like 11am, wasn't at 100 to start with and I'm at 37 now, plus I've been running light games on it for at least 2 hours

Jun 2, 2019
why not a MacBook? Helps at uni not needing a mouse and the battery life will easily last a day. My air lasts fine and I have the brightness cranked, been using it all day from like 11am, wasn't at 100 to start with and I'm at 37 now, plus I've been running light games on it for at least 2 hours

thats no option for me, i am a life long Windows User and dont really want to switch to MacOS, and with that learn how that OS works. and i am not a fan of Apple as a company either.

thats no option for me, i am a life long Windows User and dont really want to switch to MacOS, and with that learn how that OS works. and i am not a fan of Apple as a company either.

Can always dual boot. Personally not a fan of Microsoft and their new subscription model and spying tendencies. MacOS isn't that hard to learn, is nowhere near as buggy and infinitely more secure. have to use windows for my desktop but not missing it on the laptop side.

Why not look at the Surface laptop 2 as an alternative?

Jun 2, 2019
Can always dual boot. Personally not a fan of Microsoft and their new subscription model and spying tendencies. MacOS isn't that hard to learn, is nowhere near as buggy and infinitely more secure. have to use windows for my desktop but not missing it on the laptop side.

Why not look at the Surface laptop 2 as an alternative?

thanks for trying to help, but they both are not what i am looking for.
i looked into the macbook air and it is only available with dual core cpus, which is just not enough for modern programs (or i would consider it not fast enough) and the surface book 2, while it has a i7 8650u version, it is just too expensive for these specs (>2100€ for similar specs to a zenbook s or zenbook 14 for 500-1000€ less). It would still be in my budget, but i dont want to spend that much for the design and a better display

thanks for trying to help, but they both are not what i am looking for.
i looked into the macbook air and it is only available with dual core cpus, which is just not enough for modern programs (or i would consider it not fast enough) and the surface book 2, while it has a i7 8650u version, it is just too expensive for these specs (>2100€ for similar specs to a zenbook s or zenbook 14 for 500-1000€ less). It would still be in my budget, but i dont want to spend that much for the design and a better display
What are you calling modern programs? You don't need 4 cores unless you're dealing with programs that require a decent amount of threads.

What programs are you actually intending to run because that might actually help with recommendations. Also what subject you're doing at Uni cos that will also help. When I was there I had my laptop and a desktop for heavy lifting.

Jun 2, 2019
i am going to study Computer Science, but even though i dont know what programs exactly i will be using even basic programs like Chrome are already able to put quite a load on a weak cpu and i want to use the laptop for a couple years and that might add more demanding programs

TRENDING THREADS