Laptop choices for a GIS Student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3lsheR

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
Not even sure if this is the right category, but hey, i'm trying my best here ;-;

Hello, random people, i'm going straight to the point, I'm studying Geo-Informatics in college and i need a laptop that can run ENVI and ArcGIS.... sooo i decided to go for the budget (i3 Processor / 500GB HDD / 4GB RAM) choices....and these are the best laptops i found in here, which one should i go for?

Lenovo G500
Lenovo B5070
Dell Inspiron 15R 5558

If you got anymore suggestions that are under 350$ i'd love to hear them.

Also, which brand has the most durable laptops with long lasting batteries? I don't want to be forced to buy a new laptop in the next 3 years .-.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Good profession - lots of job opportunities out there right now.

Any of them are a solid choice. Most current ArcGIS tasks are still, unforuntately, single-threaded so an i3 is fine, but ArcGIS Pro will make much better use of system resources once that comes online.

You'll need to add more RAM - at least 8 gigs. ArcGIS is a memory hog.
Good profession - lots of job opportunities out there right now.

Any of them are a solid choice. Most current ArcGIS tasks are still, unforuntately, single-threaded so an i3 is fine, but ArcGIS Pro will make much better use of system resources once that comes online.

You'll need to add more RAM - at least 8 gigs. ArcGIS is a memory hog.

Solution
Jan 17, 2019
Here is the list of 7 best laptops for GIS which has best system requirements for the softwares like ArcGIS, QGIS, MA publisher e.t.c. Every laptop in this list is perfectly suitable to run almost any GIS software and hence are best for the field of GIS. Good profession - lots of job opportunities out there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.