[SOLVED] Laptop cooling pad

Hey there,

That particular one has the fan orientation the opposite of how I'd like (but this is mostly dependant on your own laptop and location of intakes) With dual fans on the bottom. I find those don't really add much to the cooling.

I went with a Klim Cyclone which suits my laptop. With both my intake fans at rear of laptop the Klim did the trick for direct cool air into the intakes.

This is the one I chose: KLIM Cyclone - Laptop Cooling Stand - Maximal Cooling - XL Laptop Stand With 5 Cooling Fans - Compatible Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad (Blue) [New 2021 Version] : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Its served me well so far, and have no complaints.

Hey there,

That particular one has the fan orientation the opposite of how I'd like (but this is mostly dependant on your own laptop and location of intakes) With dual fans on the bottom. I find those don't really add much to the cooling.

I went with a Klim Cyclone which suits my laptop. With both my intake fans at rear of laptop the Klim did the trick for direct cool air into the intakes.

This is the one I chose: KLIM Cyclone - Laptop Cooling Stand - Maximal Cooling - XL Laptop Stand With 5 Cooling Fans - Compatible Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad (Blue) [New 2021 Version] : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Its served me well so far, and have no complaints.
I have this laptop: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE72MVR-7RG-Apache-Pro/#down-driver&Win10 64.

which one is best for me and is there a difference between the one i linked and the others on that amazon list I linked?

Hey there,

I've had a look at that chassis, and it's quite an odd design. Your fans are located to the rear of the unit, however, the intake grill seems to be located dead centre of the base, and not where the fans actually sit.

In this case, it may be that the one you've chosen might be more suitable. Could you post a pic of the unit from beneath, so I can see the orietation?

Hey there,

I've had a look at that chassis, and it's quite an odd design. Your fans are located to the rear of the unit, however, the intake grill seems to be located dead centre of the base, and not where the fans actually sit.

In this case, it may be that the one you've chosen might be more suitable. Could you post a pic of the unit from beneath, so I can see the orietation?

I dont have a camera to take any picks. From the one I linked, which one should I get, the one with 2,3, 5 or 6?

Good luck! If you wanna PM me and let me know how you get on, that would be appreciated :)

On a separate side note as such. There are other thing you can do to help your gaming laptop temps stay lower.

1. Use Throttlestop, or Intel XTU to undervolt your CPU. This is perfectly safe. It will reduce the voltage going to your CPU, and by consequence will allow your CPU to boost to higher speeds, and for longer periods (invaluable in FPS sensitive games).

2. Most gaming laptops come with a bog standard thermal paste. Whilst functional and work just fine, the difference between that paste and some decent thermal past like Noctua NT H1, are like 10c on average. Defo worth looking into.

If you have any questions on that, again, PM and I can give some details of what I've done. It really does make a big difference.

Have a good one!

Aug 17, 2021
Hi, not sure if you have found a laptop cooling pad yet, just though I'd jump in and let you know a good one to choose. And before I purchased my laptop cooler I did wonder do cooling pads work for laptops? And I have tested it with my HP Omen laptop with RTX 2060 Ryzen 7 4000 series CPU, and it reduced my op temps by as much as 5 degree's while gaming, playing Call of Duty Warzone. CPU by 4 and GPU by 3.

The laptop cooling pad I purchased is the MV Power cooling and lees than $30.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Roland Of Gilead