[SOLVED] Laptop cooling

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello, my dads gaming pc just Recently played its last game, so my dad is now using a Laptop i gave him to play his games on, and i made it so he can play it on his 32inch monitor, with the lid closed and i was wondering if it would be a good idea to have the laptop layed on his desk with the bottom facing up so it can breath, or would that be bad for the laptop in some way? (i doubt but you never know)

Solution
You don't need to flip it over. Oftentimes it's beneficial to prop up the rear of the laptop off the desk to gain more airspace below the chassis where (usually) the fan(s) are drawing in air. The feet on most laptops aren't tall enough to avoid airflow restriction because of the height profile they would introduce. I use some object(s) that are about 1/2" (1.25cm) thick, one under each rear corner of the laptop (the front corners can rest on the desk). Post-it notes, erasers, etc work for this.
You don't need to flip it over. Oftentimes it's beneficial to prop up the rear of the laptop off the desk to gain more airspace below the chassis where (usually) the fan(s) are drawing in air. The feet on most laptops aren't tall enough to avoid airflow restriction because of the height profile they would introduce. I use some object(s) that are about 1/2" (1.25cm) thick, one under each rear corner of the laptop (the front corners can rest on the desk). Post-it notes, erasers, etc work for this.

Reactions: tlavanway3
Solution

TRENDING THREADS