Laptop CPU at 100% when display is turned off

raducubejana

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I recently bought a laptop(1 month) and 2 days ago i let something at download over night (not first time) and let the laptop on and simply turned off the display,the next morning when i went to check how's the download going the fans were running at max speed and the cpu was really hot,checked some apps and i saw something about System Idle Process killing my cpu,yet i dont want to do anything stupid

PS:The laptop doesnt close or something,everything is normal,its only this thing with the fans and cpu temperature

Solution
As no one knows what was being downloaded, you might want to make sure you were not hit with someone's cryptominer, which will take over your system whenever it is idle longer than 5-10 minutes or so....; dsable screen saver, leave task mnager open, and see what your idle processor usage is with no browser open, no downloads occurring, no windows updates installing, etc....

SYstem Idle Process will normally show 95% when nothing else much is happening, so I doubt that is why the fans were running so hard...

Try a pass with Hitman Pro and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware...see if your system is at least clear of malware....
As no one knows what was being downloaded, you might want to make sure you were not hit with someone's cryptominer, which will take over your system whenever it is idle longer than 5-10 minutes or so....; dsable screen saver, leave task mnager open, and see what your idle processor usage is with no browser open, no downloads occurring, no windows updates installing, etc....

SYstem Idle Process will normally show 95% when nothing else much is happening, so I doubt that is why the fans were running so hard...

Try a pass with Hitman Pro and/or Malwarebytes Antimalware...see if your system is at least clear of malware....

Solution

raducubejana

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017

Yep,looks like that was it,did a check with Malwarebytes and i found out that i have 2 "Trojan.BitCoinMiner"