[SOLVED] Laptop CPU going way higher than the base clock speed

Sep 12, 2019
Hello mates,
I am having this ,,issue" from at least a year ago. I never paid much attention to it and I still don't even that I know that this is unusual. It never caused crashes or overheated. But today I decided why don't I ask the experts :D
So I am using Lenovo Thinkpad E570 and it's integrated CPU is Intel Core I7 7800U. Most of the time when I am using more cpu hungry games or just any programs that and my cpu goes in the higher percent usage I notice something pretty unusual. The task manager tells me that my base clock speed is 2.90 GHZ, but it also tells me that my current clock speed is something like 3.30 - 3.70 GHZ. I don't remember overclocking it or messing with it(notice the don't remember :D). And about the temperature it is running perfectly fine. Before maybe like 9 min I also replaced the factory thermal paste with one from Arctic - Arctic MX2. So any ideas how that big of a difference in the clock speed is possible?

Sep 12, 2019
Hello mates,
I am having this ,,issue" from at least a year ago. I never paid much attention to it and I still don't even that I know that this is unusual. It never caused crashes or overheated. But today I decided why don't I ask the experts :D
So I am using Lenovo Thinkpad E570 and it's integrated CPU is Intel Core I7 7800U. Most of the time when I am using more cpu hungry games or just any programs that and my cpu goes in the higher percent usage I notice something pretty unusual. The task manager tells me that my base clock speed is 2.90 GHZ, but it also tells me that my current clock speed is something like 3.30 - 3.70 GHZ. I don't remember overclocking it or messing with it(notice the don't remember :D). And about the temperature it is running perfectly fine. Before maybe like 9 min I also replaced the factory thermal paste with one from Arctic - Arctic MX2. So any ideas how that big of a difference in the clock speed is possible?

Sep 12, 2019
i7 7800U?
intel cpu have turbo boost.

My point is that I don't remeber doing anything. I can't change ir from the laptop'a bios which is means I have to use a program to but I don't remeber ever installing it. I am also an idiot I typed the model incorrectly xD
This is Intel Core I7 7500U. The other thing is that if this thing had turbo boost I think it would've unsoldered out of the motherboard till now :D
There are no signs of thermal throttling or it reaching high temperatures.

Now that I think about it...the only thing I I touched in the bios is to activate the Virtualization of the processor and nothing else about ir. Do you think that this may be boosting the cpu?