Laptop cpu keeps going down to 800 mhz

Aug 7, 2018
Hey so i have a laptop who has a base speed (cpu) of 1.50 ghz and turbo 2 ghz. When i play a game for around 15 minutes, it goes down to 800 MHz and the game fps is 5 fps around compared to around 25. It may be throttling but if it was, then why is my cpu not hot at all? Idk.
Pc specs (they're trash so no judge): amd e2-9000e dual-core 1.5 ghz (2.00 ghz turbo) processor 4 gb of ram ddr4 (if that helps) radeon r2 integrated graphics card

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
How hot was it getting? AMD's can't get too warm ( >75C is usually not good) before they begin to throttle. Also, how old is it? The fan/heatsink may be plugged, or the thermal paste/pad may be drying out. It may need to be disassembled and have the thermal paste cleaned and fresh paste re-applied.

Aug 7, 2018
First of all, it can handle up to 90C so ya and usually, it just randomly throttles for no reason even though it should start to throttle at 70C. Btw, its a laptop so idk about the thermal paste or the fan or the fresh paste. Do you know what i should do?
Also, the temperature doesn't really matter as it just happens randomly like i said