[SOLVED] Laptop CPU overheating

Feb 9, 2019
I just got a new laptop, an ASUS GL703GE, with an i7 8750h, 16 gb ram, and a gtx 1050ti, and it gets really hot, (we're talking 97 Celcius) while gaming, i have tried almost everything, i've applied a 150 mv offset(undervolting), and have also repasted it, i've reduced the graphic settings ... Nothing is wrong with the hardware and i don't think that it is a lemon... can anyone suggest anything please

Solution
Laptop coolers need to be small and light so they can't be very efficient.

The best you can do is to keep the vents clear.
You could try a cooling pad which is not expensive to keep air flowing.

You can reduce the cpu performance by limiting the max cpu usage to less that 100% in windows power management.
Really, not what you want to do for gaming.

The cpu will throttle if it senses a dangerous temperature.
That is around 100c.

I suppose it is possible that your cooler is not seated well and reseating with new paste might help.
I don't think I would try that except as a last resort.
Laptop coolers need to be small and light so they can't be very efficient.

The best you can do is to keep the vents clear.
You could try a cooling pad which is not expensive to keep air flowing.

You can reduce the cpu performance by limiting the max cpu usage to less that 100% in windows power management.
Really, not what you want to do for gaming.

The cpu will throttle if it senses a dangerous temperature.
That is around 100c.

I suppose it is possible that your cooler is not seated well and reseating with new paste might help.
I don't think I would try that except as a last resort.

Solution
Feb 9, 2019
It appears that i didn't repaste it properly, i took it apart and reseated everything, and added new thermal paste, i've kinda reduced the temps to 87 ish... not good, but not as bad as 98 celcius