[SOLVED] Laptop CPU running hot and fans blasting on idle when plugged in but fine unplugged?

Mar 21, 2020
Hey, I have had my laptop for a bit now and its fine except for one annoying problem, it seems that while it is plugged in it randomly gets hot and starts blasting fans, however when I have it unplugged it stabilizes and is fine, so it must have something to do with the power options but nothing I have tried has fixed it.

When I check HWMonitor it goes between 60-85 degrees and the fans are blasting, sometimes just when watching YouTube, the core clocks on my CPU are maxed out at 4092 MHz.

I then unplug it from the charger (battery life sucks so not a good option) and the fans quiet down tons and the temp goes down to 50-70 degrees and over time will start to idle around 50 consistently, the core clocks also go down do around 2-2500 MHz.

If anyone has a fix for this I would love to hear it, it gets really really annoying especially if im in a more public area to have my laptop being that loud.

My power plan is on balanced.

Specs are rtx 2060, i7 9750h, 32 gig ddr4.

Solution
My laptop will throttle itself when on battery also throttle your CPU down to about 80 unless you need it at full. In advanced power plan options elect edit my power plan then you will get a little dialogs box saying when the computer sleeps there is I believe some blue text at the bottom click it to enter advanced power options.

laptop-Tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
My laptop will throttle itself when on battery also throttle your CPU down to about 80 unless you need it at full. In advanced power plan options elect edit my power plan then you will get a little dialogs box saying when the computer sleeps there is I believe some blue text at the bottom click it to enter advanced power options.

Solution