[SOLVED] Laptop CPU Speed Slows Down While Gaming

Aug 12, 2021
hi there! this might be a long read, but i would really appreciate if someone could help me with this issue i've been having for about a month or 2 now.

specs are as follows:
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 (highly regret this purchase btw)
i7-9750H @ 2.60 GHz, TB up to 4.50 GHz
NVIDIA GTX 1650
16GB RAM
nearly 1TB in SSD storage

so, like the title says, my CPU slows down most notably while gaming, i'll get huge FPS drops and speeds as low as 0.90 GHz at random and i have no idea why. i installed ThrottleStop the other day, and followed this YouTube tutorial to try and help with my temperatures (i was usually getting mid-80's to mid-90's and it was getting uncomfortable to game on) only to have not much of a difference (although my temps did seem to stay under 92 C, FPS/performance dips still occured). looking for something that could help better, i ended up downloading a ThrottleStop "preset" called "Hero i7 9750H" today and i think this is where i've started to notice this problem become even worse. i've turned off the profile, turned it on, etc; but i still have speed/performance issues with/without the undervolt.

now, i'm not sure if i could have damaged my components while repasting my thermal paste, but ever since i repasted it (Kryonaut from Amazon btw; nearly a month and a half ago, i can't really remember) these problems became more apparent, and with me downloading ThrottleStop, these problems have gotten even worse. games that i usually play (Dead By Daylight, Fallout 76) are becoming borderline unplayable (when they used to run quite well, but the game performance from both has dipped for no reason; not sure if it's due to any possible damage to my CPU/GPU) and i'm super frustrated :( i got this laptop a year ago, and it used to run games pretty well. i play all games at low settings, because that's what my PC can handle the best. (although i wish i could play on high, but alas, my GPU is average at best, so, not gonna happen!)

EDIT 1: when these performance dips happen, my CPU is at a normal load temp, usually 50-79, somewhere in that range (it gets really hot while gaming, which is why i sought out to undervolt).
i run my Task Manager and CoreTemp to monitor speed/temps while gaming. will uninstalling ThrottleStop reverse any changes i've done to my CPU? i use the "Turn On/Off" button to either turn the undervolt preset on or off. have issues with both the undervolt on and off.

anyway, i hope that wasn't too confusing. i struggle to put my thoughts into words a lot, but i really hope someone can offer some help or something. thanks a bunch in advance!

Solution
i use the "Turn On/Off" button
The Turn On / Turn Off button has nothing to do with the voltages. The CPU voltages entered into ThrottleStop are applied regardless of how this button is set.

It is common for laptops with the 9750H to run at over 90°C. If you use ThrottleStop to slow down your CPU then you might end up with cooler temperatures but worse performance. I would avoid using a profile that you found on the internet. It might be great for someone's computer but it might not be great for your computer. I would delete the ThrottleStop.INI file and then reboot. When you run ThrottleStop, it will create a new ThrottleStop.INI configuration file with your default settings. Time to start with a clean sheet of paper.

There...
i use the "Turn On/Off" button
The Turn On / Turn Off button has nothing to do with the voltages. The CPU voltages entered into ThrottleStop are applied regardless of how this button is set.

It is common for laptops with the 9750H to run at over 90°C. If you use ThrottleStop to slow down your CPU then you might end up with cooler temperatures but worse performance. I would avoid using a profile that you found on the internet. It might be great for someone's computer but it might not be great for your computer. I would delete the ThrottleStop.INI file and then reboot. When you run ThrottleStop, it will create a new ThrottleStop.INI configuration file with your default settings. Time to start with a clean sheet of paper.

There are some thermal pastes that can start to degrade in as little as one week when used in some laptops. Within a month, your thermal troubles could be worse than what you started with. Did you spread the paste? Spreading a very thin layer usually works best on mobile CPUs. You might have to try doing this again. You will need to keep a close eye on temperatures to watch for any changes. If the CPU is dropping down to 800 MHz or 900 MHz, it is likely overheating and thermal throttling.

Turn on the Log File option and go play a game for at least 15 minutes. Before making any adjustments, you need to know what the problem is. Copy and paste your log file data to www.pastebin.com and post a link here. Also post pictures of how ThrottleStop is setup. If you make any changes, post some updated pictures.

Edit - I am not a big fan of the advice in that video. Lowering the turbo power limits to 24W kills performance. Best to try and fix the cooling problem.

Solution
Aug 12, 2021

There are some thermal pastes that can start to degrade in as little as one week when used in some laptops. Within a month, your thermal troubles could be worse than what you started with. Did you spread the paste? Spreading a very thin layer usually works best on mobile CPUs. You might have to try doing this again. You will need to keep a close eye on temperatures to watch for any changes. If the CPU is dropping down to 800 MHz or 900 MHz, it is likely overheating and thermal throttling.

Turn on the Log File option and go play a game for at least 15 minutes. Before making any adjustments, you need to know what the problem is. Copy and paste your log file data to www.pastebin.com and post a link here. Also post pictures of how ThrottleStop is setup. If you make any changes, post some updated pictures.

Edit - I am not a big fan of the advice in that video. Lowering the turbo power limits to 24W kills performance. Best to try and fix the cooling problem.

Thanks for the reply! I just deleted the old INI I had, and now it's just back to default settings. I will run Fallout 76 at my regular settings, and get back to you with the log.

I just did a pea-sized amount, like how most tutorials tell you to do. It was my first time doing so, so I was being really careful aswell.

Are there any specific areas of TS you want me to upload pictures of? Or just the screen when you start it up. I won't be touching anything, as I don't know how to fully use TS.

Thanks!

Aug 12, 2021
Copy and paste your log file data to www.pastebin.com and post a link here. Also post pictures of how ThrottleStop is setup. If you make any changes, post some updated pictures.

Alright, I just played F76 for around 20 minutes or so. Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/mB9iKWbP

Here is how my ThrottleStop looks after a fresh install. I haven't changed anything but checking the "Log File" box.

unknown.png

Just to clarify, my power plan is set to "High Performance", both in Windows Settings & Acer NitroSense. The laptop was plugged in during play, with max fans on. (I get very slightly better temps with fans maxxed + having my cooling pad on) My Maximum Processor State in my power plan is 100%, both on battery and plugged in.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add this in:
unknown.png

My laptop is charging, but I'm not doing anything intensive. I have no idea what the yellow alerts mean. The 3 "EDP OTHER" alerts flash red randomly when just using discord and spotify at the moment

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021
Step 1: First of all, uninstall unnecessary software.
Step 2: Then limit startup programs.
Step 3: Add more RAM to your PC.
Step 4: Now, check for spyware and viruses.
Step 5: Use Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter.
Step 6: Here consider a bootable SSD.
Step 7: And here look in your web browser.

I just did a pea-sized amount, like how most tutorials tell you to do.
Did you follow a tutorial that was applying thermal paste to a desktop CPU? Intel's desktop CPUs use an integrated heat spreader over top of the cores. Intel's mobile CPUs do not have a heat spreader. With a mobile CPU, you usually get better results spreading a thin layer.

I need to see screenshots of the FIVR, TPL and Options windows. This will show me what features your computer has available to control your CPU.

For the EDP OTHER throttling, in the TPL window, set Power Limit 4 to 0. In the FIVR window, set the core and cache IccMax values to their maximum, 255.75. On the main screen, clear the BD PROCHOT box.

If CPU voltage control is not locked, set both the core and the cache to -100 mV. Press Apply and these values should show up in the FIVR monitoring table if this feature is working. Post some screenshots of those other windows and run another log file so I can see if there has been any progress.

Aug 12, 2021
Did you follow a tutorial that was applying thermal paste to a desktop CPU? Intel's desktop CPUs use an integrated heat spreader over top of the cores. Intel's mobile CPUs do not have a heat spreader. With a mobile CPU, you usually get better results spreading a thin layer.

I need to see screenshots of the FIVR, TPL and Options windows. This will show me what features your computer has available to control your CPU.

For the EDP OTHER throttling, in the TPL window, set Power Limit 4 to 0. In the FIVR window, set the core and cache IccMax values to their maximum, 255.75. On the main screen, clear the BD PROCHOT box.

If CPU voltage control is not locked, set both the core and the cache to -100 mV. Press Apply and these values should show up in the FIVR monitoring table if this feature is working. Post some screenshots of those other windows and run another log file so I can see if there has been any progress.

It was just a YouTube tutorial. It was the same model of laptop that was being repasted as well. I just put a small dot of paste on the GPU/CPU and screwed everything back together (after cleaning of course).

Ok, here are the screenshots you asked for. No changes so far. I'm gonna go ahead and apply those values you mentioned, run** a game for 20 minutes, and get back to you with the log.

FIVR.PNG

options.PNG

TPL.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021
Thought I would bump this, as I'm still having issues :(

It seems to me that a new issue has arised, which is a constant red "EDP OTHER" warning across each row. CORE, GPU, RING will all have a constantly red "EDP OTHER" warning. I also have constant yellow "PL 2" warnings across all 3 rows as well. I'm not sure if these warnings have anything to do with my sudden CPU slowdowns, but I thought I would bump this thread and add that, since my slowdowns and FPS drops have actually gotten worse since this post.

I followed what uWebb429 suggested, to little to no improvement :(

Do I have a defective CPU or something? It's still bothering me that this computer used to run games completely fine then all of the sudden, progressively started to run them worse and worse. Could it be a driver I had installed in the past? But if that was the case, surely the new driver would fix my issues...? Idk. I heard that from someone, they suggested that a driver (perhaps GeForce or something) could be the culprit of my FPS issues.

Anyway, any help is appreciated. I'm looking on purchasing a better gaming laptop in the near future, but for now, I'd like to see if it's possible to play my games at a solid 60 FPS like I used to. Thanks!

I tried to have a look at your log file but it has been removed. Try uploading an updated log file.

surely the new driver would fix my issues...
Every time you install a different driver, especially a GPU driver, you have to do lots of testing to make sure that it is an improvement. Some new drivers make things worse.

Thermal throttling or power limit throttling is normal for laptops that use the 9750H CPU. There is nothing wrong with these CPUs. They can create a lot of heat when they are run at their full rated speed. Most laptops are not engineered to deal with the amount of heat they can create so thermal throttling is inevitable. Some manufacturers enforce turbo power limits. This helps reduce the maximum CPU temperatures but it also reduces CPU performance. That is what you are seeing when Limit Reasons starts lighting up. The CPU is using various control methods to keep it from having a thermal meltdown.

As laptops age, they need to be thoroughly cleaned inside. Replacing the thermal paste between the CPU and its heatsink is a good idea.

this computer used to run games completely fine
Updates happen all the time. When a company gets lots of complaints about sky high temperatures, it is not unusual for them to release BIOS updates that reduce power consumption and performance.

I just put a small dot of paste on the GPU/CPU
On a laptop CPU / GPU, you might get better results by spreading a thin layer. The dot method might not be enough to cover the entire CPU.

Aug 12, 2021
I tried to have a look at your log file but it has been removed. Try uploading an updated log file.

Every time you install a different driver, especially a GPU driver, you have to do lots of testing to make sure that it is an improvement. Some new drivers make things worse.

Thermal throttling or power limit throttling is normal for laptops that use the 9750H CPU. There is nothing wrong with these CPUs. They can create a lot of heat when they are run at their full rated speed. Most laptops are not engineered to deal with the amount of heat they can create so thermal throttling is inevitable. Some manufacturers enforce turbo power limits. This helps reduce the maximum CPU temperatures but it also reduces CPU performance. That is what you are seeing when Limit Reasons starts lighting up. The CPU is using various control methods to keep it from having a thermal meltdown.

As laptops age, they need to be thoroughly cleaned inside. Replacing the thermal paste between the CPU and its heatsink is a good idea.

Updates happen all the time. When a company gets lots of complaints about sky high temperatures, it is not unusual for them to release BIOS updates that reduce power consumption and performance.

On a laptop CPU / GPU, you might get better results by spreading a thin layer. The dot method might not be enough to cover the entire CPU.

@uWebb429 updated log file after playing Fallout 76 for approximately 50 minutes: https://pastebin.com/18YzHHvH

"As laptops age, they need to be thoroughly cleaned inside. Replacing the thermal paste between the CPU and its heatsink is a good idea." I actually did replace mine fairly recently, and this seems to be where my PC's performance started going down. I'm starting to think I might have damaged my GPU somehow afterwards. Directly after re-pasting, my NVIDIA card wasn't recognized by my PC and did not show in my Task Manager. A restart fixed that.

"Thermal throttling or power limit throttling is normal for laptops that use the 9750H CPU. There is nothing wrong with these CPUs. They can create a lot of heat when they are run at their full rated speed. Most laptops are not engineered to deal with the amount of heat they can create so thermal throttling is inevitable. Some manufacturers enforce turbo power limits. This helps reduce the maximum CPU temperatures but it also reduces CPU performance. That is what you are seeing when Limit Reasons starts lighting up. The CPU is using various control methods to keep it from having a thermal meltdown."

Ah, okay. That makes much more sense now. Thank you again in advance for all the help. I really hope there's some kind of remedy atleast temporarily, until I'm able to get a new laptop (thinking of an MSI, desktop isn't an option anymore due to budget cuts).

Your log file shows that your laptop is using a wide variety of throttling schemes. It is a mess. Here is an example.
Code:
   DATE       TIME    MULTI   C0%   CKMOD  BAT_mW  TEMP    VID   POWER
2021-09-09  01:07:55   8.49   73.0  100.0       0   42   0.6881    9.5   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:56   8.07   80.7  100.0       0   42   0.6897    9.3   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:57   8.07  100.0  100.0       0   42   0.6891   10.1   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:58   8.07   96.5  100.0       0   43   0.6890   10.0   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:59   8.60   73.7  100.0       0   44   0.7496    9.6   EDP
2021-09-09  01:08:00  12.26   74.3  100.0       0   42   0.6898   12.2   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:08:01   8.07   65.5  100.0       0   43   0.6888    8.9   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:08:02   8.07   78.0  100.0       0   42   0.6898    9.4   BDPRO

The far right column of the log file shows the reason for throttling. There are periods of time when your computer is running fairly normal and there are periods of time like above. BD PROCHOT throttling is a killer of performance. You definitely need to clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop to prevent this from happening.

The MULTI column in the log file is an indication of CPU speed. Your CPU is dropping down to approximately 800 MHz. The C0% column indicates CPU load. Your computer is not idle. It is trying to run at full speed but throttling is preventing it from doing that. Is there any logical reason for this throttling? No, there is not. The CPU temperature is only 42°C to 44°C. Power consumption is 10W or less. Your CPU has a 45W TDP rating so there is no reason for any power limit throttling or thermal throttling.

BD PROCHOT throttling can sometimes be caused by a defective battery. Are you having any battery issues? Does it hold a charge? Can you use your computer doing light duty stuff for an hour while running on battery power?

Are you using any Acer software on your computer to manage the power plans or fan speeds? If you are, make sure this is set to maximum performance. Some manufacturer's software includes a cool and quiet mode which reduces the power limits and kills maximum performance.

With ThrottleStop 9.4, in the TPL window, check the new MMIO Lock box. Also check the Speed Shift box in the TPL window.

Are both the CPU core and CPU cache IccMax both set to 255.75? The log file shows lots of EDP throttling. Not sure if this can be fixed. Try setting all of the IccMax values to 255.75.

After making these changes, run another log file. Getting rid of BD PROCHOT throttling will help but I do not know if it will fix all of the throttling problems that Acer is using on your laptop. I would have immediately returned it for a full refund. Acer spent too much on looks and not enough on building a solid laptop.

highly regret this purchase btw
After looking at the log file, now I know why.

Reactions: jaxx105
Aug 12, 2021
Your log file shows that your laptop is using a wide variety of throttling schemes. It is a mess. Here is an example.
Code:
   DATE       TIME    MULTI   C0%   CKMOD  BAT_mW  TEMP    VID   POWER
2021-09-09  01:07:55   8.49   73.0  100.0       0   42   0.6881    9.5   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:56   8.07   80.7  100.0       0   42   0.6897    9.3   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:57   8.07  100.0  100.0       0   42   0.6891   10.1   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:58   8.07   96.5  100.0       0   43   0.6890   10.0   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:07:59   8.60   73.7  100.0       0   44   0.7496    9.6   EDP
2021-09-09  01:08:00  12.26   74.3  100.0       0   42   0.6898   12.2   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:08:01   8.07   65.5  100.0       0   43   0.6888    8.9   BDPRO
2021-09-09  01:08:02   8.07   78.0  100.0       0   42   0.6898    9.4   BDPRO

The far right column of the log file shows the reason for throttling. There are periods of time when your computer is running fairly normal and there are periods of time like above. BD PROCHOT throttling is a killer of performance. You definitely need to clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop to prevent this from happening.

The MULTI column in the log file is an indication of CPU speed. Your CPU is dropping down to approximately 800 MHz. The C0% column indicates CPU load. Your computer is not idle. It is trying to run at full speed but throttling is preventing it from doing that. Is there any logical reason for this throttling? No, there is not. The CPU temperature is only 42°C to 44°C. Power consumption is 10W or less. Your CPU has a 45W TDP rating so there is no reason for any power limit throttling or thermal throttling.

BD PROCHOT throttling can sometimes be caused by a defective battery. Are you having any battery issues? Does it hold a charge? Can you use your computer doing light duty stuff for an hour while running on battery power?

Are you using any Acer software on your computer to manage the power plans or fan speeds? If you are, make sure this is set to maximum performance. Some manufacturer's software includes a cool and quiet mode which reduces the power limits and kills maximum performance.

With ThrottleStop 9.4, in the TPL window, check the new MMIO Lock box. Also check the Speed Shift box in the TPL window.

Are both the CPU core and CPU cache IccMax both set to 255.75? The log file shows lots of EDP throttling. Not sure if this can be fixed. Try setting all of the IccMax values to 255.75.

After making these changes, run another log file. Getting rid of BD PROCHOT throttling will help but I do not know if it will fix all of the throttling problems that Acer is using on your laptop. I would have immediately returned it for a full refund. Acer spent too much on looks and not enough on building a solid laptop.

After looking at the log file, now I know why.

@uWebb429 "BD PROCHOT throttling can sometimes be caused by a defective battery. Are you having any battery issues? Does it hold a charge? Can you use your computer doing light duty stuff for an hour while running on battery power?"

I've actually noticed a very weak battery ever since I replaced my paste (I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in when I was finished but I may have damaged something, who knows) that doesn't really last for any longer than an hour.

"Are you using any Acer software on your computer to manage the power plans or fan speeds? If you are, make sure this is set to maximum performance. Some manufacturer's software includes a cool and quiet mode which reduces the power limits and kills maximum performance."

I use NitroSense to control my fan speeds (I use it often to max out my fans every time I play a heavy(ish) game) and it also has power management options. In my Windows settings, I have "High Performance" selected as my power plan, same in NitroSense.

"After making these changes, run another log file. Getting rid of BD PROCHOT throttling will help but I do not know if it will fix all of the throttling problems that Acer is using on your laptop. I would have immediately returned it for a full refund. Acer spent too much on looks and not enough on building a solid laptop."

Here is another log file after playing Fallout 76 for about 22 minutes. This time, with the changes applied (plus, screenshots below in the Spoiler) I did actually experience slightly better FPS. I'm going to have to try this on Dead By Daylight and update this thread then, too, since that's my main game I play and the one I have the most issues with.

thrtt4.PNG

thrtt5.PNG

thrtt3.PNG

thrtt1.PNG

thrtt2.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021
Adding the previously mentioned Dead By Daylight log file. With these settings applied that you suggested, I experienced somewhat better framerate. To note, I usually play DBD with ReShade on, but for this log file, I've toggled it on and off a couple times. I noticed better frame rate (close to stable 60 fps, with drops down to 54 fps for a second or two) when ReShade was off, so perhaps I'll just use one ReShade setting to lighten the load [Sharpen effect, since DBD is blurry for some reason].

@jaxx105 - My next question is, are you running any Acer software on your computer that prevents the battery from being fully charged? Some battery saving software likes to keep the battery at 70% instead of fully charging the battery to 100%. I always turn features like this off. They can interfere with smooth performance.

The log file is better. No more BD PROCHOT throttling but there is still something funny going on. I have a hate for all manufacturer software. I prefer installing a clean version of Windows direct from Microsoft with no additional software from any manufacturer. They all like to create bloated software with features that cause more problems than they solve.

A dead battery will usually only last for a few seconds when you unplug your laptop. I do not think the battery is causing any problems. It might be some battery control software that is at fault. If you look in the log file, you will see POWER STATUS CHANGE notices and when this happens there will be maybe 15 seconds where the CPU drops down to half speed. You will see EDP throttling messages when this happens. Almost like your laptop has been programmed to throttle to protect the battery even when you are plugged in.

A properly functioning laptop should not be doing this. When plugged in, there should not be any drop outs in CPU MHz and you should not see EDP throttling for 15 seconds. EDP stands for Electrical Design Point. My laptop only shows POWER STATUS CHANGE messages when I physically plug in or unplug my laptop or when I enter or resume from sleep mode. These messages never show up in the log file when I am plugged in during normal use.

Edit - You should offset undervolt both the core and the cache by -100 mV. This should be 100% safe for a 9750H. Doing this to reduce power consumption can help the cause.

Aug 12, 2021
@jaxx105 - My next question is, are you running any Acer software on your computer that prevents the battery from being fully charged? Some battery saving software likes to keep the battery at 70% instead of fully charging the battery to 100%. I always turn features like this off. They can interfere with smooth performance.

The log file is better. No more BD PROCHOT throttling but there is still something funny going on. I have a hate for all manufacturer software. I prefer installing a clean version of Windows direct from Microsoft with no additional software from any manufacturer. They all like to create bloated software with features that cause more problems than they solve.

A dead battery will usually only last for a few seconds when you unplug your laptop. I do not think the battery is causing any problems. It might be some battery control software that is at fault. If you look in the log file, you will see POWER STATUS CHANGE notices and when this happens there will be maybe 15 seconds where the CPU drops down to half speed. You will see EDP throttling messages when this happens. Almost like your laptop has been programmed to throttle to protect the battery even when you are plugged in.

A properly functioning laptop should not be doing this. When plugged in, there should not be any drop outs in CPU MHz and you should not see EDP throttling for 15 seconds. EDP stands for Electrical Design Point. My laptop only shows POWER STATUS CHANGE messages when I physically plug in or unplug my laptop or when I enter or resume from sleep mode. These messages never show up in the log file when I am plugged in during normal use.

Edit - You should offset undervolt both the core and the cache by -100 mV. This should be 100% safe for a 9750H. Doing this to reduce power consumption can help the cause.

No, I don't run any software that does that, as far as I know. My battery will charge up to 100%. I always keep it plugged in while gaming though, can that damage the battery over time? I know you're supposed to do that with gaming laptops, but I'm curious to know if leaving it plugged in all the time would damage the battery over time.

"If you look in the log file, you will see POWER STATUS CHANGE notices and when this happens there will be maybe 15 seconds where the CPU drops down to half speed. You will see EDP throttling messages when this happens. Almost like your laptop has been programmed to throttle to protect the battery even when you are plugged in."

Yeah--I noticed that message too. I thought nothing of it, but that's good to know what it means. When the CPU drops clock speed, this is when the FPS drops happen. I wonder if there's anything I could do at home to help this, as I see no point in taking it into a repair shop, paying hundreds to get it fixed when I'm already getting a new laptop by the end of the year.

"Edit - You should offset undervolt both the core and the cache by -100 mV. This should be 100% safe for a 9750H. Doing this to reduce power consumption can help the cause."

Alright, I'll try this right now, and update the thread with a log file, if that sounds good? Thanks again! :)

EDIT: "A properly functioning laptop should not be doing this. When plugged in, there should not be any drop outs in CPU MHz and you should not see EDP throttling for 15 seconds."

Do you happen to know why this happens? Could it be a defective battery? These problems only started in 2021, when I first got it last May, in 2020, it worked completely fine. I didn't use ThrottleStop back then, so I don't know if the same issues were happening.

leaving it plugged in all the time would damage the battery
My laptop is plugged in 99.9% of the time and the battery is always fully charged. After 5 years, this battery still holds a charge. I know in theory that a battery at 70% will have a longer life expectancy compared to a battery at 100% but I have never had an issue with a fully charged battery. Every car on the road drives around with a fully charged battery without any issues.

exactly -100 mV
-100.6 mV is fine. These numbers do not change in nice even steps of 1.0 mV.

I do not have much experience tracking down POWER STATUS CHANGE notices. I do not know all of the things that can cause this. I know that this is related to your CPU dropping its speed in half at times but I have no idea why or what could cause this. There are times where your computer is running OK with none of these messages for 5 minutes and at other times these messages and throttling to half speed are happening every 5 or 10 seconds.

In previous experience, these messages have been related to the power adapter but there is no indication of your computer randomly switching to battery power or any charging happening.

It will be very difficult to find someone that understands what Acer was thinking when they designed this feature. Usually a log file will show what is going on and why your computer is throttling. I do not see any reasons why this is happening.