[SOLVED] Laptop CPU Temperature concerns

pokeplayz

Prominent
Aug 19, 2018
Hi, I currently am using a Dell G3 3590 Laptop I purchased last month with an i7-9750H processor and over the course of gaming experiences I noticed that the temperatures on the CPU package and the cores would reach 85 degrees Celsius or higher, peaking around 100 degrees before throttling with the fans maxed out. I was wondering what cooling suggestions you guys had or if undervolting the CPU might help reduce the temperatures to a more reasonable level. I've attached an AIDA 64 Extreme test result from when I ran it for less than 2 minutes and the CPU throttled. I also have HW Monitor results during the testing, however I am unsure of how to post them here.

Aug 16, 2019
So would you recommend bringing it back to the retail store I purchased it from, contacting Dell directly, or going to a local professional computer tech? Also, the hardware monitor is definitely not faulty as the heat can be felt through the keyboard during gaming or high work-load sessions.
Definitely. 100+ CPU temps are beyond absurd, my gaming PC can only get to around 50-60 degrees at most, while gaming. I'd recommend getting the pc checked, it dosen't matter who checks it, but just make sure someone checks it.

Aug 16, 2019
Wait... Did I read this correctly? 100 degrees?!? Frying temps are above 80 degrees... Or your hardware monitor could be displaying faulty info. I wouldn't recommend changing the volts, as it could end in unstable hardware. I'd recommend you bring this to an professional.

pokeplayz

Prominent
Aug 19, 2018
Wait... Did I read this correctly? 100 degrees?!? Frying temps are above 80 degrees... Or your hardware monitor could be displaying faulty info. I wouldn't recommend changing the volts, as it could end in unstable hardware. I'd recommend you bring this to an professional.
So would you recommend bringing it back to the retail store I purchased it from, contacting Dell directly, or going to a local professional computer tech? Also, the hardware monitor is definitely not faulty as the heat can be felt through the keyboard during gaming or high work-load sessions.

Aug 16, 2019
Definitely. 100+ CPU temps are beyond absurd, my gaming PC can only get to around 50-60 degrees at most, while gaming. I'd recommend getting the pc checked, it dosen't matter who checks it, but just make sure someone checks it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS