• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Laptop CPU Temperature concerns

pokeplayz

Prominent
Aug 19, 2018
Hi, I currently am using a Dell G3 3590 Laptop I purchased last month with an i7-9750H processor and over the course of gaming experiences I noticed that the temperatures on the CPU package and the cores would reach 85 degrees Celsius or higher, peaking around 100 degrees before throttling with the fans maxed out. I was wondering what cooling suggestions you guys had or if undervolting the CPU might help reduce the temperatures to a more reasonable level. I've attached an AIDA 64 Extreme test result from when I ran it for less than 2 minutes and the CPU throttled. I also have HW Monitor results during the testing, however I am unsure of how to post them here.

Aug 16, 2019
Wait... Did I read this correctly? 100 degrees?!? Frying temps are above 80 degrees... Or your hardware monitor could be displaying faulty info. I wouldn't recommend changing the volts, as it could end in unstable hardware. I'd recommend you bring this to an professional.

pokeplayz

Prominent
Aug 19, 2018
Wait... Did I read this correctly? 100 degrees?!? Frying temps are above 80 degrees... Or your hardware monitor could be displaying faulty info. I wouldn't recommend changing the volts, as it could end in unstable hardware. I'd recommend you bring this to an professional.
So would you recommend bringing it back to the retail store I purchased it from, contacting Dell directly, or going to a local professional computer tech? Also, the hardware monitor is definitely not faulty as the heat can be felt through the keyboard during gaming or high work-load sessions.

Aug 16, 2019
So would you recommend bringing it back to the retail store I purchased it from, contacting Dell directly, or going to a local professional computer tech? Also, the hardware monitor is definitely not faulty as the heat can be felt through the keyboard during gaming or high work-load sessions.
Definitely. 100+ CPU temps are beyond absurd, my gaming PC can only get to around 50-60 degrees at most, while gaming. I'd recommend getting the pc checked, it dosen't matter who checks it, but just make sure someone checks it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS