Question Laptop CPU temperature spikes

Legend207

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
Hello,
I recently got a HP Pavilion 15 Ryzen 5 4600h model. I had posted earlier this same issue and it was resolved temporarily. I was using my laptop on a soft surface for a few weeks and only realized later that the vents were blocked. So essentially it was getting choked when I was gaming and what not. An ignorant mistake from my part. After placing it on a hard surface the temps were lower and I thought that would be the end of that. However the temps are back to being pretty high again.

Initially, I got scores above 3350 in cinebench r20 with temps usually in the 90-95 degree C range. However, after a few weeks I ran another bench and this time I am getting way lower scores, around 3200s and the temps always hit 100 degree C in each run. Did using it on the soft surface for a considerably long time, damage my laptop cooling system in any way? The temps are noticebly higher not only in cinebench but also in games too. It works fine for normal tasks and the idle temps are alright but still feel a bit worried since it's a new laptop. Also I noticed some white paste sort of substance lined up along the exhaust vents on the back of the machine. What could that be?
Thanx for any help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS