Question Laptop crashing after playing certain games

Apr 25, 2019
I've been having crashes where my screen would go a static like green and cause the last played audio from like a half a second ago to be on constant loop. This happens after being in game for around 5 to 20 minutes. So far this has only happened on Destiny 2 and The Division 2.

Green static screen

This is happening on a OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an059tx

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019
Okay...Does this only happen while GAMING, or even when you boot your Windows OS ? Any sign of overheating issues on your Laptop ? Do you have the latest BIOS installed ?

So far I've only seen this happen when I play Destiny 2 or Division 2 other games like CSGO, Apex Legends, Diablo 3 and League of Legends all play perfectly fine. As for overheating I've ran FurMark for an hour with the GPU being at 72 Celsius at 96% usage. I've also tried Heavy Load for about 40 min with the CPU being 80 Celsius at 100% usage.
Yes I've checked on HP's website and I am running the latest BIOS for my laptops model.

Okay, that sounds a bit strange to me though. This doesn't seem to be an issue pertaining to specific games like Destiny/Division 2, or else you should be experiencing the same issue, with every other game as well, IMO. The green static screen points out that the problem might be elsewhere (most probably the hardware ?).

But again, you have also tried taxing both the GPU/CPU, and the results weren't that much alarming, so I'm not sure what might be causing this. BTW, if someone else can chime in this thread to guide the OP, then it would be much much better.