Question Laptop crashing, unknown reason

Nov 14, 2019
So I have had my MSI laptop for around 2 years, ive never had a problem with it until this week.

Something is making the laptop crash, i first checked the temperatures, the CPU averages 40-50c when browsing, and goes up to around 80c when gaming, however if i turn my fans on full power the temp will go down to around 50c whilst gaming.

I found out quickly that the crashes were not because of the temperature, because i woke up yesterday and my pc was cold, and it crashed after having it on for around 10 minutes.

I opened the laptop up and tried to see if any of the cables were loose, however from what i can see everything seems in place but im no expert.

Another strange thing is that sometimes (not always) if i lean my arm on the area around the touchpad, that will cause the computer to crash, but i tried using a usb keyboard today so that i wouldnt be touching my computer and it still crashed.

So im really unsure why my laptop is crashing. Sorry if this post is a little rushed, ive had to write it a couple of times because my laptop crashed whilst doint this xd.

EDIT: i use a USB mouse and wifi adaptor if that is important

Specs:

MSI GP72 Leopard

Intel i7-7700HQ

16gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 1050

Another strange thing is that sometimes (not always) if i lean my arm on the area around the touchpad, that will cause the computer to crash, but i tried using a usb keyboard today so that i wouldnt be touching my computer and it still crashed.
This can indicate a faulty contact pin on CPU, chipset or GPU. In that case there is little to nothing you can do in terms of soldering.

Repairing may require a full replacement of mainboard.