Question Laptop crashing when running certain games. Screen blackscreens or just crashes with a blur on the screen.

kezehh

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
The laptop in question is the Acer Aspire 7, the specs are as follows
CPU i5-7300HQ
RAM: 8GB DDR4
Storage: 256GB SSD + 1TB Storage
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB.

The laptop is capable of light gaming, however my partner (whos laptop it is) runs into issues where it will fully freeze up and crash when playing somewhat demanding games, but games that the laptop easily reaches the recomended and or min specs. Such as Sims 4 and Smite to mention a few.
I had a laptop many years ago, rubbish specs, but I played ARMA 2 on it, all be it horribly, but never had an issue of the laptop crashing.

When the laptop is in use, it is proped up to allow decent air flow underneath, and doesnt seem to get hot enough to cause a fuss over. I have set all power options to performance, and also tested on default power options also.

Not sure if im missing something, or this is potentially a hardware issue.

It is worth mentioning that the laptop has been able to run games such as League of Legends (maxed settings 1080p) without a sweat, along with high, 1080p on Fallout New Vegas.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

kezehh

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read
The crashes arnt BSOD. No blue screen, just crashes, freezes. The image stops and is distorerted for a second or less then the PC turns itself off.

TRENDING THREADS