[SOLVED] Laptop Current Leakage

Blitzrisk

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2015
Greetings,

I just have one question about using of non grounded outlet,

I have not known anything about grounding and the last 3-5 days I used laptop with non grounded outlet and I saw electrical leakage on keyboard when I touched my hand to keyboard little electrical leakage I was feeling else after 3.days black screen happened 1-2 times the black blank screen can be happened with latest gsync nvidia driver as well I read all forum subjects etc. and now I switched to grounded outlet and as far as I can see no leakage anymore anyway my question is,

Did the 4-5 days usage with non grounded outlet damage laptop components units etc.?

Thank you for the answers.

Last edited:
Solution
Greetings,

I have not known anything about grounding and the last 3-5 days I used laptop with non grounded outlet and I saw electrical leakage on keyboard when I touched my hand to keyboard little electrical leakage I was feeling else after 3.days black screen happened 1-2 times the black blank screen can be happened with latest gsync nvidia driver as well I read all forum subjects etc. and now I switched to grounded outlet and as far as I can see no leakage anymore anyway my question is,

Did the 4-5 days usage with non grounded outlet damage laptop components units etc.?

You didn't damage the laptop, but you need a grounded outlet.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that if the laptop "survived" 4 - 5 days usage on a non grounded outlet then the laptop is likely okay.

Generally a serious electrical problem will immediately end badly; could involve smoke, sparks, shocks, etc..

If the laptop is now okay on a grounded outlet I would think that all is okay and that there was no damage.

Do not use that non-grounded outlet again. Get it fixed by a certified electrician.

As for the laptop if there was some damage that may take some time to manifest. Maybe under some heavy load due the software being run and then the laptop goes "poof".

Hopefully that will not happen but (as you always should be doing) ensure that all important data etc. is being backed up at least 2 x to other locations. Verify that the data is proven recoverable and readable.

Just in case......

Greetings,

You didn't damage the laptop, but you need a grounded outlet.

Solution