Laptop dedicated video memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmiller00000

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
Hi guys wondering if you can help, I bought my other half a hp pavilion laptop today for her work and for playing with guild wars 2 with me even know it will be low quality.

But basically logged in and Im getting 15-30fps and I turned off and noticed In my graphic settings I have 0mb dedicated video memory. It has a hd 5500 Intel graphics on the i3 5010u chip so I knew I wouldn't be getting high fps.

But main question can I change the dedicated memory as on the bios menu I have no options.

Cheers guys

Solution
A lot of stuff that goes in youtube isn't reliable. The game puts a lot of resources into just a single thread and your cpu is pretty low, only 2.1ghz. If it was using no vram, you'd have no picture. It won't show as dedicated vram depending on where you look. It'll show it as shared. Dxdiag will break it down more and the minimum that dvmt can be set to is 64MB. Dvmt automatically changes it depending on needs. This is default on most all intel hd even with those that do have the option to manually change it. Many laptops, especially ones with U cpus like yours, may have aggressive power saving settings that will reduce performance. Even changing windows power settings may not override the laptop's internal settings but you can try.

Cmiller00000

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
Annoying thing is I've seen people with like a hd4000 run with standard 30fps on medium and the laptop is using none of the ram atm as vram and they isn't even any thing on the bios for it. Is they anything else I can do setting wise?

A lot of stuff that goes in youtube isn't reliable. The game puts a lot of resources into just a single thread and your cpu is pretty low, only 2.1ghz. If it was using no vram, you'd have no picture. It won't show as dedicated vram depending on where you look. It'll show it as shared. Dxdiag will break it down more and the minimum that dvmt can be set to is 64MB. Dvmt automatically changes it depending on needs. This is default on most all intel hd even with those that do have the option to manually change it. Many laptops, especially ones with U cpus like yours, may have aggressive power saving settings that will reduce performance. Even changing windows power settings may not override the laptop's internal settings but you can try.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.