Laptop Defaults to use integrated graphics on start (SOLVED)

bobbyjoe01233

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
I recently bought a Lenovo Legion y530 laptop with a GTX 1050. However, when I try to play games from boot, the system seems to ignore the settings I have made for it in the NVIDIA Control Panel, in which I have set the Preferred Graphics Processor to the "High Performance NVIDIA Processor". Instead of using the GTX 1050 for the games, it uses the Intel HD Graphics 630, which I, of course, do not want.

Is there a way to get my GTX 1050 to work right off boot with my games? Every time after I boot, I have to reapply the settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel, and it gets annoying for me.

Some things to note:

-BIOS isn't an option, it's a locked BIOS
-I'm considering disabling the Intel HD Graphics Driver, but I'm debating that as that could be the source for my display
-I have tried re-installing drivers and windows

Is there anything else I can do?

Solution
I found my solution!

Today, in science class, we were doing a review on the experimental method. I thought: Why not apply this to my laptop? After a lot of testing, turns out, the power was causing the problems! The game will stutter when it is not charging, and when I plug it in, the game will run fine!

100% fine gaming with the plug in the laptop!

bobbyjoe01233

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
I found my solution!

Today, in science class, we were doing a review on the experimental method. I thought: Why not apply this to my laptop? After a lot of testing, turns out, the power was causing the problems! The game will stutter when it is not charging, and when I plug it in, the game will run fine!

100% fine gaming with the plug in the laptop!

Solution