Question Laptop detects dispaly, but there is nothing displayed

Jul 16, 2020
I am working in a building trying to troubleshoot why a series of 5 confernece room TVs (all Vizio E370-E3) are not able to display anything from a connected laptop. I have two laptops, both running Windows 10, that I am testing with, and have found that one laptop (Thinkpad SL510) will always work, and one laptop (ProBook 440 G3) will always fail. Each HDMI cord is about 25-30 feet long. And with every TV, and every HDMI input for them, the Thinkpad will work without issue, and the ProBook will not display anything. The ProBook is able to detect that the TV has been connected, and the TV sees that there is an input (the "no input detected" message disappears), but no image is ever displayed. It simply stays a black screen. What are possible reasons that one would work while te other wouldn't?

Jul 16, 2020
popatim - Window key + P shows it is set to duplicate, but changing it to extend or only display on monitor 2 both have the same result, no display on the TV.

hang-the-9 - Video drivers are up to date. Testing with a shorter cable does work. Sadly simply using a shorter cable isn't an option for a fix here. The TVs are mounted in such a way that the only route to the HDMI outlets are to up up into the ceiling, before coming back down through another wall to get to the HDMI outlet in the floor.

TRENDING THREADS