Question Laptop Dies after 10 mins

Oct 21, 2020
Hello friends, can someone figure out what is wrong with my laptop? it works like 10 minutes and then freezes and i need to wait several hours if i want to start it again.
when it freezes even the Bios doesn't work fine , is even slow or is repeating the comand ( left or right ) . I have a spare laptop and i have replaced the ram and the hard disk witouth any luck.
All happened after an windows update.

Thank you!

Possible your laptop fan died and it is trying to save itself from overheating, and takes a while to cool back down in order to work again

If you have a laptop cooler or even a box fan, put the laptop on it while it's running to keep it cool and see if that helps keep it running longer.

If it does, search up a compatible fan with your laptop model, it is not too difficult to replace or alternatively take it up to a shop to do it for you

Reactions: StefanC1991
Oct 21, 2020
Possible your laptop fan died and it is trying to save itself from overheating, and takes a while to cool back down in order to work again

If you have a laptop cooler or even a box fan, put the laptop on it while it's running to keep it cool and see if that helps keep it running longer.

If it does, search up a compatible fan with your laptop model, it is not too difficult to replace or alternatively take it up to a shop to do it for you

If you have a laptop cooler or even a box fan, put the laptop on it while it's running to keep it cool and see if that helps keep

Hi and thank you for bringing me hope again finding the problem with my laptop.So i have checked and the fan is still working well ...i will try also with a box fan as well to see if it helps.

Thank you!

Oct 21, 2020
Anytime, good that the fan is working also might be a good idea to check to see if the heatsink is clogged with dust (also very common) so a quick disassembly to inspect / clean would also be good to do

cheers!
Hi, i had cleaned the fan and the deatsink and i have replaced the thermal paste on CPU aswell, still with no luck ... windows tries to load several times and then i have the blue screen..