[SOLVED] Laptop display have 3 small black bars at the bottom.

Nov 8, 2021
Have an HP Omen with a RTX 3070. Had it for about 6 months or so and this has just happened. Reinstalled drivers and done about everything i could think of. Thinking it may be the screen going bad but I really hope it isn't.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried hooking your laptop to an external display?

Can you check and see what your current BIOS version for the laptop's motherboard is? Use CPU-Z to show you what you're working with, listed under Mainboard tab. As for the OS, what version of Windows 10(assuming) are you on? As for your GPU drivers, use DDU to uninstall all remnants of GPU drivers, reboot to Safe Mode, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Keep HP as well as your seller in the loop pertaining to the issue in case the issue warrants an RMA.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried hooking your laptop to an external display?

Can you check and see what your current BIOS version for the laptop's motherboard is? Use CPU-Z to show you what you're working with, listed under Mainboard tab. As for the OS, what version of Windows 10(assuming) are you on? As for your GPU drivers, use DDU to uninstall all remnants of GPU drivers, reboot to Safe Mode, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Keep HP as well as your seller in the loop pertaining to the issue in case the issue warrants an RMA.

Reactions: Justin274
Solution