Question laptop display-only random freezes (audio and other stuff 100% working)

behbahani.vandad

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I own an MSI lap top (GE63 7RE Raider) with GTX 1060, display had a slight flicker issue and I wanted to send it to guarantee but did not get the chance (can't send it now will send in ~10 days)

but recently another weird problem happened (i did update win10 and also messed with the registry a little (had back up of the registry and restored it btw)

SO THE PROBLEM IS

display freezes everywhere (once every 1-4min) be it doing stuff or browsing, watching youtube (freeze lasts for ~0.5 sec or less), its a display only freeze because I can hear the audio and I can click, etc

and here is the weird thing in a particular game I play a lot (dota2) freeze is different it freezes indefinitely! (can still play and hear the sound of my actions) but if I alt+tab or do anything that changes game window focus, it works again this weird thing had me thinking that this second issue might not be because my display has issues but because of a software/driver problem

I have tried:

1. checked my harddrive via windows tool
  2. uninstall all GPU related software/driver and re-install the latest Nvidia driver (it seemed that after I did it for ~1 day freezes happened less often but now it happens constantly again)

any ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS