Mar 3, 2021
Hello There !

I just got a laptop to my Repair Shop and his problem got me interested

Well, the main display shows blank screen, but the pc works. I connected an external display and it works wonderfull. Nothing new here. But the interesting part is that the display from the laptop isnt recognized by pc. It shows only one in Display Proprietes and Device Manager. The principal idea is that the main screen isnt black-black. It shows some low-brightness-vertical lines, and i have no idea why they are there. The owner said to me that the laptop hasnt been used in some years because they made an upgrade, and when they wanted some datas, the laptop wasnt showing anymore.

What do you think? I'd like to repair it and not only to buy another screen, cuz this is way too easy. Thx ❤️

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like a defective internal display from what you are describing. Likely the only "fix" is to replace.

What is the make/model of the laptop? Is it worth the expense to replace the screen?

If it works with an external display, you could just using like a desktop PC if not worth the screen replacement.

Mar 3, 2021
Sounds like a defective internal display from what you are describing. Likely the only "fix" is to replace.

What is the make/model of the laptop? Is it worth the expense to replace the screen?

If it works with an external display, you could just using like a desktop PC if not worth the screen replacement.
Its a Lenovo G50-30. A new original display is like 80-90 bucks. A SH Screen is 60 bucks in my zone. I dont think its worth it, cuz the laptop aint something with good specs.

Thanks for your time. Appreciate it ❤️

Its a Lenovo G50-30. A new original display is like 80-90 bucks. A SH Screen is 60 bucks in my zone. I dont think its worth it, cuz the laptop aint something with good specs.

Thanks for your time. Appreciate it ❤
I am using the same Lenovo Laptop model that you have G50-30 and Its display screen got damaged. Apparently, it has a strip or a small tiny cable that goes into the motherboard that got disconnected so I open the back of the screen and fixed it with a small screwdriver and it got fixed. Have you checked all the wires?
I was also thinking to change my laptop screen before finding the actual issue