Question Laptop does not display charging LED when plugged nor it turns on. Assuming it is the motherboard for a number of reasons.

Feb 16, 2019
Hi, excuse me for my poor english as it is not my core language, but i do really need help in regards of my laptop. I'm going to use this site as a last resort.
It is a Dell Latitude 5580, and it has displayed battery & motherboard problems recently, some which (presumably) got resolved with the help of a local technician and part replacement.
Some of the symptoms include randomly unable to boot up (black screen no led, no charge, even if it previously had a considerable amount of power), a "zzz" noise when plugging the charger coming from the board (only hearable when i open the case, though, don't know if it's anything bad) and the time randomly resetting/staying still once i shut down and open the laptop again.

I tried releasing flea power by removing the internal battery and then holding the power button for 15-30 seconds, removing RAM and battery and then inserting them again, remove CMOS, hard drive, but despite removing all these it doesn't still boot up. The AC cable, which has a led indicating if it's receiving power, is fine.

I don't know what is the problem, i don't have the money for another laptop and i assumed the battery and motherboard were fine. Please help me.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS