Question Laptop doesn’t power on after changing thermal paste ?

TwisterFantasy

Commendable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi. I have an Evoo Lp5 thats been overheating like crazy. I read that changing the thermal paste would help. I removed the heat sink, cleaned off the old paste, and replaced the heat sink. Now the laptop won’t boot at all. No charging light either. Any ideas?

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
Those Links you provided don't work.

Check whether you have any loose cable. It might be something you forgot to put back. Check each and every cable, clip, part whether everything is in its place.

Some thermal pastes are conductive, if excess is spread the Chip / Motherboard, it might make short circuit.

TwisterFantasy

Commendable
Aug 5, 2019
Those Links you provided don't work.

Check whether you have any loose cable. It might be something you forgot to put back. Check each and every cable, clip, part whether everything is in its place.

Some thermal pastes are conductive, if excess is spread the Chip / Motherboard, it might make short circuit.
OtiVKEx.jpg
Here are fixed pics. I think the thermal paste just fried the motherboard sadly.

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
Is it a conductive thermal paste? It looks like one. You can see it has escaped onto the small components around the die.

try cleaning it thoroughly. Reapply little thermal paste which can escape from ends.
If you are lucky it will work.

Else I'm afraid that is it. Sorry for your loss.