Question Laptop doesn't charge

May 22, 2020
Hello,

I have an ASUS gl502 ROG laptop and I have connected hdmi to hdmi to a TV and afterwards it is unable to be charged. Battery has died and I can't turn it on so I got a new battery and it boots but it dies afterward because it doesn't charge.
Steps I have tried to fix this:
-I have tried determining to see what the issue was so I got a new battery and replaced it but it didn't work.
-I tried to charge laptop with ac adapter without the battery. Still doesn't charge
-motherboard isn't dead as it still runs and boots properly
-I have also got a replacement for the ac adapter and it is new yet doesn't charge

I'm not sure what the issue is but could it possibly be that the power jack is destroyed after I connected to the laptop to the TV?

Last edited:
if power jack wouod be dead you couldnt power on the laptop with power cable at all so that is not the issue. Check hdmi and usb ports for any kind of messed up looking pins / short.

Remove both battery and power cable then press power button for 30secs, then put only power cable back.

What is the exact model of laptop from back of it?

May 22, 2020
if power jack wouod be dead you couldnt power on the laptop with power cable at all so that is not the issue. Check hdmi and usb ports for any kind of messed up looking pins / short.

Remove both battery and power cable then press power button for 30secs, then put only power cable back.

What is the exact model of laptop from back of it?

Even with power cable, I still could not boot computer. Battery is dead because I can't charge it.

Model : ASUS - ROG STRIX GL502V

May 22, 2020
Even with power cable, I still could not boot computer. Battery is dead because I can't charge it.

Model : ASUS - ROG STRIX GL502V
687-A382-C-4-BBF-4-F47-8-E13-3-D0-C01-DA9-C9-C.jpg

Ports look fine to me