Laptop doesn't have Windows 10 drivers?

hardhome

Reputable
Jul 17, 2015
I want to do a clean install on my 4 year old Acer Aspire V3-571g-6602, but acer does not have windows 10 drivers out for it. Latest drivers are windows 8.1. Can I still install windows 10 and use windows 8.1 drivers or should I not bother with windows 10 for it?

Solution
well you dont really need drivers, since Windows 10 is newer than your laptop. Usually what it will do is install generics drivers that will work with your laptop. unless you find an issue with a specific hardware then you may need a driver from the manufacturer. My computer is a build from 2011-2012 and I recently installed Win 10 and it installed all drivers without needing extra.

Winly

Distinguished
well you dont really need drivers, since Windows 10 is newer than your laptop. Usually what it will do is install generics drivers that will work with your laptop. unless you find an issue with a specific hardware then you may need a driver from the manufacturer. My computer is a build from 2011-2012 and I recently installed Win 10 and it installed all drivers without needing extra.

Solution
Usually there won't be problems with the default drivers that Windows 10 installs, but if there are issues you can always revert back to Windows 8.1 as long as you do it in the first month.

"My computer is a build from 2011-2012 and I recently installed Win 10 and it installed all drivers without needing extra. " <-- I have a few from 2008 that upgraded perfectly.