Question Laptop drivers refusing to install ?

MousTea

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

Laptop model: ASUS X206HA
Drivers: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/x206ha/helpdesk_download/

A couple of days ago I reset my laptop using a USB created by the windows media creation tool. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10.

After every install I always install al necessary drivers and normally this doesn't take more than a minute with other PC's. But with this laptop I have tried everything and most drivers just refuse to install. The only driver I was able to install was the ATK driver and a BIOS update.

So now I am stuck with a laptop that has non working speakers and a non working trackpad.
Most of their drivers are a .bat script and open for 1 second then close with no output and no install. Some are graphical .exe installers though and they do produce an error like the following:

I have read a lot online about the ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver) not wanting to install, and a lot of people experience issues with this specific driver on a lot of laptop models. I have tried about every workaround mentioned about this specific driver but none worked.

Can anyone help me or give me a tip in the right direction, I would love to be able to use my laptop again.
(I have contacted ASUS support but they are not really a help as of now.)

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,