Laptop Falls From Helicopter, Narrowly Misses Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
wow... it looks like the "Toughbook 19 Rugged Tablet PC ".... man.. that thing worth more than $4350!!!!

(http://www.buy.com/prod/toughbook-19-rugged-tablet-pc-centrino-2-vpro-intel-core-2-duo-su9300/q/listingid/56599776/loc/101/212885807.html)

I am glade that kid was not hurt!

By the way,... I am wondering... since it is a rugged tablet..... can it still boot up after the drop?

G

That kid is darned luck!

I wonder if the hospital will reward him with a new laptop because of the close call?

echdskech

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
wonder if a toughbook like that would've survived a drop like that if the kid cushioned its fall...

not that it's my desired scenario mind you, just wondering... =p

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]etanony[/nom]Maybe he'll get a Public Relations helicopter flight[/citation]

And risk the kid falling off the helicopter when it turns?

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
"Thankfully, nobody was hurt and the only reason why the hospital was called in was to retrieve the computer."

The hospital was called to retrieve the laptop? o_O

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]backin5[/nom]And risk the kid falling off the helicopter when it turns?[/citation]
We wouldn't want him to hit a laptop.

I must say that going by the picture the laptop took the impact pretty well. That thing is structurally sound.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]haunted one[/nom]"Thankfully, nobody was hurt and the only reason why the hospital was called in was to retrieve the computer."The hospital was called to retrieve the laptop? o_O[/citation]
I would have kept the damned thing and sued the hospital!

A toughbook got destroyed, and lifelink is nearly responsible for harming a child. :D

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
How bad a$$ would it have been had he caught it out of the air... I mean, it's far more likely if he'd tried to catch it the laptop would have caved in his cranium... but it'd be cool to attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.