Laptop fan doesn't spin fast enough to cool down the CPU.

miguelbmxstreet

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Hi guys, I'm new here.
So a month ago I bought a new laptop, and since the first day I had this problem. I can do tasks like browsing the internet and run multiple programs at the same time without having to care so much about the temperature. But when it comes to gaming (that's the purpose of why I bought this laptop), the CPU starts to heat up and sometimes it reaches 70-80ºC and the fan speed increases but just a bit. It works fine when I'm playing, no lag, anything; but when I close the game, the laptop freezes completely and the fan starts to spin really fast, cooling the laptop very quickly, but I always have to do a hard reset because it won't shut down or do anything.
I started to use an old laptop cooler that I got, and now the laptop doesn't freeze so often, but sometimes it still do.

The problem is: why can't I get that fast fan speed during my gaming sessions?
I tried programs like SpeedFan and others but I couldn't solve the problem, what should I do?

My specs:
· Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ
· 8GB RAM DDR4 2133MHz
· 1TB hard drive, 5400rpm SATA
· NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX950M 2GB GDDR5
· Windows 10
· I've removed the battery of the laptop.

Solution
you could use a fan software controller and change the temperature curve of the cpu fan and make it spin more, but laptop are notoriously warm..

miguelbmxstreet

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks for replying, I'll have a look to some of these to replace my older laptop cooler. But what I'm worried is about the laptop fan, that only spins fast when the laptop freezes completely, but not when I'm gaming...