[SOLVED] Laptop fan making loud noise

Oct 23, 2019
I'm new here, so sorry in advance if I have trouble communicating my issue. I have an Acer Aspire V3-571 with an i7 2.2 GHz processor, 6 gigs of ram and it runs Windows 10. Recently it has started to make a loud whirring noise from the fan located on the bottom of the laptop. As shown in the video, the fan makes noise unless covered or otherwise touched. It does not always make noise when not covered, and will vary in intensity depending on position. It never seems to make noise when fully covered. How do I go about fixing this? Do I need to install a new fan? Any input appreciated, thanks.

link to videos showing the issue
vvv
View: https://imgur.com/a/PgeC8Z6

Solution
Never cover the fan, it is the only thing cooling the laptop components.
Considering its age it is about time for a fan replacement.
Cleaning it with air might help with cooling and fan speed noise.
Get you a couple of plastic toothpicks with the small side barbs on them.
Similar to these
NEW-Portable-Plastic-Toothpick-50-Pack-Boxed-Green-No-Smell-Oral-Dental-Picks.jpg
Place one in the fan intake slots and blast the exhaust vent with compressed or canned air.
The toothpick stops the fan from over spinning with compressed air. And also serves as a great tool to get the dust bunnies out of the fan when you blow it with air.
Never cover the fan, it is the only thing cooling the laptop components.
Considering its age it is about time for a fan replacement.
Cleaning it with air might help with cooling and fan speed noise.
Get you a couple of plastic toothpicks with the small side barbs on them.
Similar to these
NEW-Portable-Plastic-Toothpick-50-Pack-Boxed-Green-No-Smell-Oral-Dental-Picks.jpg
Place one in the fan intake slots and blast the exhaust vent with compressed or canned air.
The toothpick stops the fan from over spinning with compressed air. And also serves as a great tool to get the dust bunnies out of the fan when you blow it with air.

Solution