Question Laptop fan replacement not working

May 29, 2022
I tried to replace my broken laptop fan with a fan I bought from Amazon (5v 0.5a, 4 pin) but it diddnt spin at all. So I’ve returned that. But now I’ve replaced it with a fan I found in a bin which does work but my laptop is beeping lots (over 30 times) and then shutting off.

update:
Laptop is chinese “hasee” brand, running win10, 1050ti integrated, 8gb ram, 2.3ghz quad core processor

the laptop boots fine, loads windows, and doesn’t start beeping straight away.
the beeps are long and don’t seem to have a pattern besides being mostly uniform and sometimes seeming to glitch out.
I believe it must be something to do with the laptops fan detection as when I reattached the old fan it was fine besides the fans shredded bearings.

I found the fan currently inside in a recycling bin outside a computer store, also at first I read online that it might be a short circuit issue so I cut 2 of the 4 fan wires.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include laptop make and model, full specs, and OS information.

Are the beeps some combination of long and short beeps? Listen carefully.

What, if any, is the beep pattern?

What "bin"/ "where" did you get the fan? Any make and model fan information?

Reactions: Dylfuzz

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"I found the fan currently inside in a recycling bin outside a computer store, also at first I read online that it might be a short circuit issue so I cut 2 of the 4 fan wires."

Throw that found fan away!

There was a reason the fan was in the recycling bin. Computer stores are not going to waste money by throwing away or recycling viable fans.

And cutting off two wires certainly made things worse.

The fan is beyond salvage and if you continue to attempt using the fan the next thing to go may be the host laptop.

May 29, 2022
The laptop is hasee kingbook t65e
I just removed the fan and powered the laptop and had the same beeping pattern

reinstalled the original fan and no beeping is present, guess I’ll just have to order another new one

also many thanks for your time

Last edited: