[SOLVED] Laptop Fan sounds like a wind turbine...

Jun 24, 2019
Hey, I posted a question about this earlier which proved on 2 forums that it is a fan in my laptop whirring super fast and now beginning to spin so much it clicks. I think at this point this needs an opening and diagnoses to fix the actual problem. Some background: I slapped my desk Thursday out of rage and the fan began to spin super fast and act up since then. It goes fast then slow and repeats. No performance hits at all- completely normal, so I'm not worried. At this point I need to take it in somewhere, any recommendations? I live in Boston, MA and run on a budget from my parents which don't get the concept of computer repairs so they'll give me $30. Thank you.

Solution
A laptop repair for 30 dollars. I doubt anyone will do this.

I'm pretty sure that your problem isn't a fan problem. It's that slap of yours that created the problem and it's probably an overheating problem. When you slapped the desk something moved inside. Doesn't take much for a heatsink to just move a little and not make contact properly.

What are your temperatures? CPU and GPU (If you have one) at IDLE and LOAD?

Or it's just a fan problem.
A laptop repair for 30 dollars. I doubt anyone will do this.

I'm pretty sure that your problem isn't a fan problem. It's that slap of yours that created the problem and it's probably an overheating problem. When you slapped the desk something moved inside. Doesn't take much for a heatsink to just move a little and not make contact properly.

What are your temperatures? CPU and GPU (If you have one) at IDLE and LOAD?

Or it's just a fan problem.

Solution
Jun 24, 2019
Yea, $30 is not sufficient by any means. Maybe I could get a diagnosis or somethin'. CPU, GPU run around 72-77 C at load (GTA 5), idle they stay around 35-40 C. HDD is constant at 35-40C.