Oct 13, 2019
I forgot when this started happening, but one day suddenly on my G7 7790 laptop, whenever I launched Borderlands 2, my fans would immediately turn on max speed, and stay that way for the whole game. I think this started happening a couple months after I got the laptop, and I find it bizarre, because not only did this not happen before with BL2, but it doesn't happen with 95% of my other games.

Doom 2016 on high settings is normal, fans will spin with moderate to low speed the whole time, Killing Floor 2 is the same on ultra, but BL2, no matter the settings, just makes my fans act weird. This issue also happens with Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, aaaand, um, Wall Paper Engine. Yeah, not sure why, literally have no clues here. So any help/solutions would be appreciated...

Oct 13, 2019
Use Afterburner to check temps while playing those games. Fans kick in and stay on when the temps go over a certain degree.
Afterburner shows that during a BL2 session, the fans generally go 80-100% once temps reach 60-62 degrees celcius, and usually go dead silent at 54° or continuously run loudly at 49°~ for a few minutes, then die out completely until it hits 60 again. No other game does this. They usually stay moderate or low within 50-60° ranges, and this still doesn't explain why Wall Paper engine acts the way it does, especially when it didn't used to activate the fans.