Laptop first turn-on issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

NihilisticRiot

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
Hello there!
I recently bought a used Dell Vostro 3350 It had Windows 8.1 installed ,but it wasn't activated and there were issues with it (When trying to write with the keyboard, you'd get 3 or less characters wroten with one keypress , for example pressing k made it write i=k)

So I reinstalled the Windows to Windows 7 ( I had a disc with Windows 7 Ultimate after getting my old laptop) , and after the install , every time I try to turn on the laptop, when it reaches the first turn-on screen where you select things such as region and language settings , the hdd indicator light starts flickering or just turns off entirely and if I select something at that time besides "Next" the laptop shuts down without a warning.

NihilisticRiot

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

It worked almost fine with Windows 8, there were no shutdowns, there was the problem with the keyboard which I mentioned in the OP.
I made bootable USB device and seems like the laptop shuts down once you try to press on Setup/Boot options ( The hdd indicator light is flickering and/or turns off yet again ) while it's turning on. So I can't use Windows and I can't reinstall Windows, that seems to be problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.