Laptop for audio production (been having problems with Nvidia drivers, dpc latency, stutters, crackles in daw)

Apr 24, 2023
I reinstalled my laptop (2020 Asus g15 10th gen i7, 2070) and I've been having problems running DAW ever since - it's basically unusable, terrible stutter, I've tried a ton of things, but I've given up on this one atm.

I tried a new 2022 g15(amd cpu/3070ti), but it had the same problems out of the box, so I returned it.

I figured it might be the Nvidia gpu, so I'm willing to try all AMD laptop, the one I can find atm is 2022 g14.
Are AMD gpu drivers any better than Nvidia ones? Are there any music producers who are using this laptop?

At this point I would just get a Macbook, but the video game performance is <Mod Edit> too on my g15, so is testing the g14 worth the hassle?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Production HP AMD laptop is running a GTX 1650, no issues at all. Rekordbox, Ableton Live, EZDrummer, NI Komplete. No issues. Safe to say it's not an NVidia thing.

Please tell me you're not using cracked apps.

Apr 24, 2023
My Production HP AMD laptop is running a GTX 1650, no issues at all. Rekordbox, Ableton Live, EZDrummer, NI Komplete. No issues. Safe to say it's not an NVidia thing.

Please tell me you're not using cracked apps.
it has nothing to do with cracked aps

Apr 24, 2023
So that's a yes?

So when you say you reinstalled your laptop above, what exactly did you do?
As I said, it has nothing to do with cracked apps, I tried multiple different win versions official and non official, tried many of the methods that are advised to deal with this problem. The laptop was not working properly from the get go, vanila Reaper, with a couple of stock instruments and fx. So nothing to do with any apps, if u have nothing useful to say pls don't 😊

As I said, it has nothing to do with cracked apps, I tried multiple different win versions official and non official, tried many of the methods that are advised to deal with this problem. The laptop was not working properly from the get go, vanila Reaper, with a couple of stock instruments and fx. So nothing to do with any apps, if u have nothing useful to say pls don't 😊
My comments were useful in ruling out a possible issue.

Are all the laptop drivers and such installed?