Question Laptop for Livestreaming/Recording ?

MicroT

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2016
Hey everyone,

What specifications would you recommend for a laptop for streaming to facebook and recording in 720p.

This is for our organisation for which we hook up a couple of cameras and a sound desk to our laptop, for which we stream our footage and upload a better quality video on youtube (Hence recording also).

We are currently using my own private laptop but I will need it outside of our organisation, we are tight on money so lower priced is better. No other action other than streaming or recording will be done.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you provide a list of app's that you're going to tax the laptop with? A budget would also help us two fold. If there's no budget you could get pretty much the cream of the crop in terms of tech but realistically speaking no one can have an open budget, especially not an organization in these times.

For context, can you parse the make and model of your laptop and the SKU so we can understand what you're working with? It'd also be of aid to us to understand if your current laptop cuts the cake or you're left wanting more for the tasks you want to perform.

MicroT

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2016
Can you provide a list of app's that you're going to tax the laptop with? A budget would also help us two fold. If there's no budget you could get pretty much the cream of the crop in terms of tech but realistically speaking no one can have an open budget, especially not an organization in these times.

For context, can you parse the make and model of your laptop and the SKU so we can understand what you're working with? It'd also be of aid to us to understand if your current laptop cuts the cake or you're left wanting more for the tasks you want to perform.

Apologies for the late reply.
The current laptop im using is overkill, 8 core (16 thread) cpu, 32gb ram and an rtx 3070.

Budget likely around £400 to £500. Could stretch if desperate.

Tasks are only for streaming to facebook whilst recording on obs. No other applications run other than a browser for facebook and obs.

I'm assuming cpu and ram would be more important than graphics?

Thanks

Aug 5, 2021
I think there are many great options for you, from budget to the most expensive laptops. For example, ASUS VivoBook 15, has excellent sound and high speed. You can also consider other great laptops in the article on laptops for streaming.