Question laptop for photography

Jul 17, 2019
Hey guys. I shoot a lot of RAW photos and have up process them all. I use paintshop pro among others which seem to be taxing on the hardware. What do you recommend? I have about $2,400 to potentially spend. I was looking at an hp omen 15t. 9th gen core i7, rtx 2060, 32gb ram, 1tb m.2 ssd. It came out to around 2400 I want to say. I'd like the 9th gen processor and a 15.6" screen. Ideas? I'm hoping to get from hp but if you have better recommendations I'm all ears. I want it somewhat future proof as far as growing with the hardware. Maybe some gaming would be a plus but photos are my main focus. Thanks!

LordVile

Admirable
Hey guys. I shoot a lot of RAW photos and have up process them all. I use paintshop pro among others which seem to be taxing on the hardware. What do you recommend? I have about $2,400 to potentially spend. I was looking at an hp omen 15t. 9th gen core i7, rtx 2060, 32gb ram, 1tb m.2 ssd. It came out to around 2400 I want to say. I'd like the 9th gen processor and a 15.6" screen. Ideas? I'm hoping to get from hp but if you have better recommendations I'm all ears. I want it somewhat future proof as far as growing with the hardware. Maybe some gaming would be a plus but photos are my main focus. Thanks!
Not sure about the software you use but for photo work I'd say Mac, bootcamp is always an option I guess and if it doesn't run on MacOS there's always an alternative.

Would guess you'd be interested in a colour accurate display. 2400 would get you this:
  • 2.6GHz 6-core 9th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz
  • Radeon Pro 555X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
  • 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
  • 256GB SSD storage1
  • Retina display with True Tone
  • Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
For 2800 you get this:

• 2.3GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz
  • Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
  • 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
  • 512GB SSD storage1
  • Retina display with True Tone
  • Touch Bar and Touch ID
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
And you can pay monthly on both. 199 and 233 respectively for 12 months no interest.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS