Question Laptop for programming/cs and light gaming

Jun 18, 2022
Hey all, i'm gonna go to uni in a few months and i need a laptop that is going to be my daily driver for both programming/light gaming/lesson stuff

1. What is your budget?
2000€

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Any size

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any resolution, i'm planning to have a bigger 27" monitor connected to the laptop

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable first, gaming second

5. How much battery life do you need?
As much as i can get, I know that i can disable the gpu in case i need more battery

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Mostly indie games and maybe AAA at low/medium depending on the gpu

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video editing,Programming, general purpose (yt,video lessons etc)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Minmum 1 TB either ssd or hdd, addition space for other drives (m.2,or 2.5") is preferred

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 years minimum.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
Italy

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Since i'd like to connect it to a bigger monitor I think i'd need a usb-c port, since HDMI can only go up to 60hz, though correct me on this since i'm not sure.
Also no macbooks, i've already talked with my uni and they want students to have a windows or linux laptop.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022
Just checked it out and for 2000€ (current price with lenovo Esummer or whatever its called) it seems like a complete waste of money, 14",no gpu, soldered 16gb + only 1 m.2 slot? No software included (neither office nor even a temporary adobe subscription), the price tag is absurd for what it offers (which is only an i7-12P, even if i did chat with support it's not like they'll give me a big discount.

Talking about Lenovo, the legion 5 seems like it would be better suited for me, although i'm not sure

TRENDING THREADS