Laptop for skyrim and future games like skyrim

o0ohalloweeno0o

Honorable
May 8, 2012
im looking to buy a laptop for playing skyrim on maximum settings. ive been diddling around with research and such and have come across many helpful things. im leaning towards an msi laptop, but i have always owned an hp computer so im really scetchy about going elsewhere with my money. its mostly a comfort thing.
like i said im looking to play skyrim on maximum settings, plus have enough harddrive space to put movies and music on, and record my own music. this is why im thinking of getting an hp dv7, they offer a 2 tb hd and a 2gb nvidia gfx card. i have about but not limited to $2500 to spend, a little help would be nice. thanks to all of you.

-o0ohalloweeno0o-

DM186

Splendid
I am trying to find your laptop on line I get close but not what you have listed. What is the GPU that is inside. I know it is a nVidia card but which one?

One thing I hate about laptops that there are only a few that are gaming type laptops. Even though that one has some cool hardwear it still lacks being a gaming rig.

However it will play the games you want and do a pretty good job of doing that. Problem is your cooling system on board. If are going to play for long hours you will run into heat problem.

Have you look at Ailienwear gaming laptops? they are designed to do gaming. Also at Cyperpower and Ibuy designe shops you can put together a awesome gaming laptop.

I will link you to all three sites. But if you don't care to look then I would get the HP over the MSI one. I hope this helps a little and I want to wish you good luck on your new laptop.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=New+CyberPowerPC

http://www.ibuypower.com/

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/promotions.aspx?ST=alienware&dgc=ST&cid=246709&lid=4263844&acd=eQiK3O6Za,1328028021,901pdb6671

o0ohalloweeno0o

Honorable
May 8, 2012

im looking to spec out an hp envy 17 3d, or an hp dv7t quad edition.

DM186

Splendid

@AntiZig A curious question I have, How do you know what MSI laptop he is talking about? I couldn't find it anywhere when I looked. But that is funny I am reading consumer report and they listed the HP being the best and MSI in second place. Don't figure. If there is a link to MSI laptops could you give it to me so I will have it on hand. Thank you in advanced.

EDIT: @AntiZig. I found it so no worries. cheers

@OP Sorry I did not know about MSI as being a better laptop do to my reading a magazine. I hope you pick the one that will work the best for you and good luck.

o0ohalloweeno0o

Honorable
May 8, 2012
the msi g70 or the msi g783 compared to the hp envy 17 3d or the hp dv7t quad, then again, im not completely sold on the whole laptop thing either, i know with the same price tag of around $2500, a desktop would give me what i need and then some im sure. im fairly new to parts and things, and what is better than what. but basically im looking to get:

1. at least a 2tb hd
2. upper class gfx card radeon 7000 series or equivlant
3. at least 8gb of ram
4. bluray reader dvd writer and burner
5. i7 processor not to knowledgable when it comes to the ghz and all but obviously faster is better.

i can get webcam if i want later, and im gonna have to get a mic if i go desktop rather than laptop

but basically thats about what im looking for

There's a few gaming laptop product lines from most big ( I don't want to say manufacturers) lets say companies. The funny thing is that there's 3 companies that stand at the top of gaming laptop market:

Asus G-series (G53,73,74SX, etc) - also going under the brand of Republic of Gamers
MSI G-series (G680,780, etc) - http://www.msimobile.com/gaming/
Clevo/Sager (P150/170 or NP8150/8170) - Clevo is a Taiwanese ODM that makes laptops and laptop chassis and typically sells them to boutique resellers as open case to be customized and rebranded (such as Malibal, Eurocom, Origin, etc) or through Sager in USA.

Large consumer companies, that make laptops for average joe have also recently decided to jump into the gaming laptop market (These are more or less well known because of the amount of advertising the big company like dell can afford):
Dell - Alienware
HP - Envy (I'm not sure on the quality of them today, but these came from HP buying out Voodoo PC which made gaming machines reference)
Toshiba - Quosmio

The point is the bottom 3 companies initially came into market making only consumer laptops, not gaming laptops, thus them picking up a gaming name from some company that they bought and then taking that name to one of their business class or expensive consumer models and putting some better hardware into them and then slapping the price tag at 2x the amount originally charged for the said consumer model. Reason stands to say that these tend to be a gamble, while the top 3 I mentioned at first have proven to be significantly better in quality and reliability.

DM186

Splendid

Hey thanks for the info I can use this. a million thanks

o0ohalloweeno0o

Honorable
May 8, 2012
if i was to go the desktop route would one of these suffice ?

HP Pavilion HPE h9-1150t Phoenix Desktop PC

mind you i would spec things out a little bit also....

the laptop route would still be an msi g70 or msi g783....

obviously the desktop route gives me more power and hard drive space as well as ram...

but out of the 3 listed, which would be the better buy ?

DM186

Splendid
If you want my honest opinion I would go with a desktop that you build it your self that way you can put all the best hardwear into it and have one fine gaming rig that can play all of those games on ultra for many years.

$2500 and you can build a very nice gaming rig. Laptops in my opinion are not going to out last a PC due to heat problems. The laptop is one PC that is so cramped that you don't get air flow.

So if you like to play games for hours then don't get the laptop but if you are set on the laptop then read the reviews on the two MSI's and the one that has the best then go for that one.

As you can see I don't have much laptop experience or knowledge so at this time I wouldn't know which laptop to choose. AntiZig is in a different time zone as me So I don't know how he will answer.

I do know this which ever way you go it will be better than where you are now so I have to wish you the best on your decision and which way you will go and good luck to you.