Laptop for web dev and some gaming

Nov 11, 2019
1. What is your budget?
Preferably under $1300

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6", no 17s or 14s for me!

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not really my prime concern - I don't want a big desktop replacement, but I am currently away from my desktop with potential for multiple moves before I get back to it.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium-High - I mainly play FFXIV, and I'd like to play it at highest settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
My main job is as a web developer, so I'll be doing coding with it (front-end). Will definitely need to use Photoshop. I'm also a DJ, and I run karaoke nights (whenever that becomes a feasible thing again), so HDMI outs and good audio quality are pluses, and it should be able to handle streaming to Twitch.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Would like at least 1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
This is what I am looking at now:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08DC8X...olid=2GR7FZ0P1L89C&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I like it but I would like a Ryzen 7 or 9 (pref 7). If someone can convince me that I don't need that I'm open.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4 years. When I do get back to my desktop we'll be in Kenya, so it'd be nice to have something reliable for that duration.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
n/a

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
My current laptop is an HP, and it's alright. I like the aesthetic of Razor, but not the price. An RGB keyboard would be great, but I DO require some kind of backlit keyboard.

13. What country do you live in?
US - currently located in Hawaii, so it needs to be available to be shipped here. The laptop I have bookmarked currently apparently can't be shipped here?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Sep 19, 2020
Hi,

I think it is quite hard to find a web designing laptop, that too with your particular specification requirements for under $1300. The 1TB storage at this price point is especially bit of a stretch. I'd like to suggest a few other models here:
  • LG Gram
  • Acer Aspire 7
  • Microsoft Surface Book 2
Hope you find the right laptop for your needs!

Nov 11, 2019
Nov 11, 2019

TRENDING THREADS