Laptop for work - at most around 800 euros

tynpc

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
Hello.
I choose a working laptop for travel. After a long decision, discussion on reddit and consideration, I came to these two models. Both have a low 250 nits brightness, but this is common in such cheap models for such cheap models.

• HP Probook 445 G7 with R5, 8 GB RAM (it's a pity that the R7 version in my country have only 15 "455 models) - 643 eur
  • ThinkPad E14 with R7, 16 GB RAM - 841 eur
At the moment I don't know how to decide and which one to take. For HP, I like its easy to "upgradable" any part. It is also massive, the cooling excellent, the flashlight sufficient.
The E14, on the other hand, has soldered RAM, a stronger CPU, the same battery life, and is the lowest model in the ThinkPad series. However, it costs a bit more and I'm not sure if it's worth investing in this laptop compared to the Probook. I will need to buy 8 GB of RAM for HP.
I wonder what your experience is with these laptop models? Which one is the better "holder"? What model is worth buying? Which one would you go to? Advice / tips / experiences?

Or could you recommend me the best laptop for this price (best price/performance)?

Thank you for the discussion.

Sep 19, 2020
Hey there,

I think both the HP Probook 445 G7 and ThinkPad E14 are great picks. If it was up to me, I would go for the HP G7, since it is a well-balanced model in terms of price and performance. Some other suggestions I would like to make are: ASUS ZenBook 14 UX425, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7, and Surface Pro 7.

If you are looking for a slim, modern and sleek work laptop that has solid performance hardware, then you can check out Dell XPS 13 9360.

Glad to be of any help! Hope you find the best laptop for your needs!