[SOLVED] Laptop Freezes and gives Blue Screen if you rest on it.

Mar 21, 2022
Good day everyone. I am currently using a Lenovo ThinkPad T470 laptop. A couple of months ago water touched the left side vents; I opened the system up for it to dry but ever since then if you place any form of pressure on the left side of the laptop it freezes and or gives the blue screen of death. When it freezes the screen shifts to one side so the date and calendar appear on the left side and the taskbar icons are shifted right. It remains that way until it is force shutdown by long pressing the power button.
Other times it just shows the blue screen with a different error code each time. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix it. Thanks

Solution
Good day everyone. I am currently using a Lenovo ThinkPad T470 laptop. A couple of months ago water touched the left side vents; I opened the system up for it to dry but ever since then if you place any form of pressure on the left side of the laptop it freezes and or gives the blue screen of death. When it freezes the screen shifts to one side so the date and calendar appear on the left side and the taskbar icons are shifted right. It remains that way until it is force shutdown by long pressing the power button.
Other times it just shows the blue screen with a different error code each time. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix it. Thanks

I guess I would open it up again and look for any corrosion between pins on...

I guess I would open it up again and look for any corrosion between pins on connectors. A drop of liquid can conduct and short out a connector, the electricity running thru the drop can cause electrolysis that dissolves conductors and deposits a conductive corrosion between conductors even after the water has dried up.

if the case is metal, you could be causing a short against the case.
even if the case was plastic and was not put back together correctly, (pinched wire or cable) you can get this.

looking at the minidumps may help identify what subsystem is having a problem. Then you could turn it off in bios or disable it.
(I am thinking of some usb ports, shorting against a metal case)

Solution