Aug 14, 2024
Hello. I have an ASUS TUF A15 FA506IV-HN194T Laptop (Ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060) that I purchased back in 2020 and for a long time it started having an issue where most of the times I turn on the computer the laptop freezes when it shows the loading ASUS screen and then after several minutes of being stuck it shows a BSOD with the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This goes on 3 times until the system enters automatical repair mode and then under advanced options I can press on continue with startup and the computer then finally loads Windows and works normally.

I've tried lots of things including:
  • Complete clean reinstalls from a USB drive
  • Updating bios and drivers
  • Windows problem solvers and cmd commands
  • Disabling fast boot
  • Replacing RAM and SSD
  • Replacing WiFi card
  • Replacing both fans
  • Maintenances (cleaning, repasting)
  • MyASUS problem solvers and driver updates
  • Switching from Windows 10 to 11 and vice versa
  • Contacting ASUS (They suggested reinstall again and then taking it to an authorized service center since it doesn't have warranty anymore because it's 4 years old)
  • Taking it to the authorized service center (They don't get the issue but they also suggested reinstall, they did it and i got it back today and the issue remains)

I've found several posts and videos online with the same exact problem for my laptop and I can't find any solution. Help is appreciated. Thanks.