Laptop freezes while browsing via wireless with Win98

pc

I have managed to connect my laptop via an 11b wireless LAN NIC PCMCIA card,
and all is well until generally while browsing te net, but if I try and
download large files, or view a video off the net then after a short while
the machine just freezes and has to be turned off.

It is a fairly old laptop, celeron 400, 64m etc, but is quite capable of
these operation when connected directly vai usb adsl modem.

Help please, this is getting very frustrating

Increase MEM to at least 128meg, increase swap file and clean up HD.