Question Laptop Freezing Every 15 or 16 Days

dial

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
My laptop has been freezing and I do a hard shutoff. I don't know when the freezing started, but I have been logging the date and hour of the freezes since late February. All the freezes from late May to mid October were 15 days and some hours after the last freeze except one which was 16 days and 3 hours. Restarting the computer a few hours or days before I expected the freeze didn't really help. The freeze can happen with low computer usage.

I did a Windows feature update last month, but I had a freeze about 17 days later. Memtest also didn't show any errors. Any ideas about why the laptop is freezing?

kanewolf

Titan
My laptop has been freezing and I do a hard shutoff. I don't know when the freezing started, but I have been logging the date and hour of the freezes since late February. All the freezes from late May to mid October were 15 days and some hours after the last freeze except one which was 16 days and 3 hours. Restarting the computer a few hours or days before I expected the freeze didn't really help. The freeze can happen with low computer usage.

I did a Windows feature update last month, but I had a freeze about 17 days later. Memtest also didn't show any errors. Any ideas about why the laptop is freezing?
If a scheduled reboot BEFORE the expected freeze doesn't change anything, then I think you should look at the Windows task scheduler. See if there is anything scheduled that would correspond to the dates.

dial

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2013
I don't see anything coming up in the task scheduler. Manual restarts didn't change much but I did go 30 days without freezing from late April to late May and did two manual restarts in between. I also avoided a freezing in late October when I did a Windows feature update about ten hours before I expected freezing